Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Baby Gate Recommendations

Hi, just wondering if any of you can recommend a pressure-mount baby gate that is easy to use
    Thanks

Outgoing

We just bought an amazing one

From Toys R Us over the weekend. It was little pricey but well worth the cost! Its a Pressure mounted swing gate. Its made by First Years and is the "Extra Tall Decor Gate" It fits my playroom doorway perfectly goes up to 84".
    Good luck.
    Here's the link hope that it works:
    http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....eeEnabled=true
    Last edited by Sassygirl; 10-21-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Outgoing
    To be honest, I like the old style wooden/pastic ones like this:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/north-st.../6000002585561

I've never had much luck with the pressure mounted ones with the gate, I tried one but it was quite heavy and not super sturdy - I was worried it would fall on the kids if they pulled. These ones are super light, so even if it did come off it wouldn't do much damage, and they're the easiest to get on/off. Not great if you want something permanent, but it works great for me!

Expansive...
    Stay away from the Summer Infant extra tall gate....I bought two of them in feb and both have had to be replaced. Granted the company was really good about it and I received the new gates in two days, but they have broken YET AGAIN! Stay away!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    Stay away from the Summer Infant extra tall gate....I bought two of them in feb and both have had to be replaced. Granted the company was really good about it and I received the new gates in two days, but they have broken YET AGAIN! Stay away!
    I had these for my own girls (bought 3 yrs a go) and never had a problem with them. Bought a new one of these gates for my daycare and it broke shortly after purchasing (the plastic hinge snapped). Is this what happened to yours? If so, must be a manufacturing problem because never had any issues with my other 3 gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    I have these, too in the play area. I bought them second hand. They have not broken after almost a year, but they have had to adjusted to the well about 3 or 4 times because they start to get loose. I don't allow kids to pull them or anything is just because of regular use (opening and closing them often)

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    I had these for my own girls (bought 3 yrs a go) and never had a problem with them. Bought a new one of these gates for my daycare and it broke shortly after purchasing (the plastic hinge snapped). Is this what happened to yours? If so, must be a manufacturing problem because never had any issues with my other 3 gates.
    That is EXACTLY what happened. But also something happened that they stopped locking automatically. Like the little tiny doodad that is suppose to close the gate broke so unless I manually close it, it does not self close anymore. Which is fine because the self closing sometimes drove me crazy lol. So are the hinges on your old ones plastic as well?

Euphoric !
    yes, they are plastic as well.