Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Selling off Daycare Items

Hello Ladies!

I have decided to close down my daycare at the end of November. My parents are all being notified this week. So, now I'm thinking about selling all the stuff off that I no longer need. My question is, how is the best way to go about it? I was thinking of putting an ad up on kijiji saying that I'm closing down my daycare etc, however, I was wondering if I should just sell things piece by piece through email, or have people schedule times to check out everything I have for sale so that they can see and buy more than one thing?
    What do you ladies prefer, or is there an easier way to do this? Obviously there are some things that can not be sold until the daycare is officially closed, but I can start getting rid of the stuff that is not used all the time.

I am in the Niagara Region if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Bookworm; 10-23-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typo

Oh bookworm I hope that your new adventure in life goes well, and that it'll make you as happy as ever. Not to hyjack your thread, but I am going through and purching my things as well as DS's and would like some tips too?

All the best,

Dodge!

Outgoing
    Thank you Dodge.

I sent you a pm

Euphoric !
    I have bought things from a couple people who were closing up their daycares and one had all her stuff in the garage and we came when it was a good time for her. Sorta like a garage sale with appointments. Another lady I bought from posted pics of her bigger items and told us we could pick them up when she was officially closed.

If it were me, I would do a combination of the above. I would start gathering up things that are no longer needed or played with and would put them in a space(like a spare room or garage) and do the garage sale by appointment thing. Then I would either post pics of the larger items or invite people to come by and look at what I had and mark down who wanted what and let them know when they can pick up. I would also offer it to my parents as well and ask them to spread the word to friends and family.

Good luck in your new adventure!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    When I was opening up my daycare there was a lady who was closing her daycare down after 30 years. She did 24 hour care/7 days a week and her house was full and I mean full! Not sure where the kids even played for all the stuff she had lol. Anyways, what we did is I made a list of things as we went along that I was interested in, when we were all finished she told me she wanted approx. $600 for everything I had picked out. I offered her $500 and that is what we settled on. We loaded up the back seat of our truck, the box of the truck and the trailer we brought as well (I took majority of her outdoor toys). We didn't even make a dint in all the stuff she had.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Bookworm... Do you have a big stroller to sell?

Expansive...
    Pm'd you as well!

Outgoing
    Giraffe, I have a 5 seater choo choo wagon, no stroller.

Lou, I didn't receive your PM. Could you send it again?

Starting to feel at home...

items

I pm'd you as well