Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Series on child care

Has anyone been following the Globe and Mail series on child care in Canada? It's quite interesting, especially the comments after the articles...gonna try and post a link.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...ticle15014129/

I just love how this one article talks about how parents are " forced" to leave their kids in the " grey market" of unlicensed daycares. So basically they are saying they are leaving their kids in inadequate situations...what kind of parent does THAT?

Another article talked about how unaffordable daycare is. I was happy to see that in the comments section many people agreed that families just don't make the necessary sacrifices to be able to afford daycare, like the big house, nice cars etc...

Interesting stuff!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Thanks fun&care, may I recommend anyone reading these articles read the comments posted. There are a lot of smart people not buying what the Globe and Mail is selling.

Expansive...
    Exactly. I was really happy and amused when I read the comments. No one is buying what they are selling! Yay for us.

Euphoric !
    I am finding the comments more interesting than the articles for sure. Also go back and read previous articles too as new comments get posted.

Not getting the agenda of G&M on this series as it isn't really telling us anything someone hasn't already mused about elsewhere nor enough studies to back up any of the claims. Also too much of a big city - think Toronto slant to the whines of parents.

Outgoing
    Love the section about "With an ECE not being plopped in front of the television"
    From a former "working outside the home" Mom, my older 3 children were in a daycare centre setting and almost DAILY when they were picked up they were either watching a movie OR playing videogames.
    That paragraph just made me laugh.
    I also LOVE the comments!