Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Do you ever take daycare kids on field trips?

Does anyone ever take their day care kids out of the house, besides playing outside or going for walks, to the park, etc?? Does anybody ever actually drive the kids anywhere ..ie. The zoo, library, playgroups, play centers?

I just recently opened my day home and while I am still able to, I'd like to take the kids out and about. I think it would be good for them to get out once in awhile and also get my kids out more. Obviously I wouldn't do it if I couldn't handle it or if I had more kids, but just looking for some food for thought.

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I take the children on field trips

We have been to various field trips from the local animal zoo, the reptile zoo, play groups, children's events through the CCPRN, play centres such as Cosmic Adventures and Play Time 4 Kids. Basically, I try to ensure that I have assistance whether it be 2 caregivers attending together, a parent helper, and or one of my girls.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Starting to feel at home...
    I don't drive the children, but we go on lots of trips! Daily, we walk to the public school and back. We go on trips to the Early Years Center, the public library, the local zoo, and our choice of 4 parks. These are all within walking distance, so we walk. I have parents sign a permission slip for me to take the children off the premises. My insurance also covers my business for liability even if we are not in my home.

I have a friend who will not compromise on being able to drive the children. They go on frequent trips and she has properly installed child restraints for every one of her dayhome children. If parents aren't comfortable with that then they move on to another provider. That being said, I've driven with her and feel she's an excellent driver with an impeccable record.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

All depending on the children. In the past we have done trips to local zoos, indoor playgrounds, conservation areas, library and early yrears centres... at the moment my kids are to younge.

Shy
    We do trips. Not as much in the winter due to it being more possible for accidents etc, But a lot more in spring and summer. On march break we always go to a maple syrup event. We do Library days, Indigo, Conservation parks etc

I'm not planning on it. My subdivision has a splash pad and a number of great playgrounds within walking distance so we'll be going there. I'm going to leave fieldtrips to the parents. If I had only school-age children I would consider it but with mainly 1-2 yrs olds I'm not comfortable with that.
    Last edited by agesandstagesdaycare; 02-15-2011 at 05:30 PM.

I'm in a pretty isolated area in Stoney creek. We have a park on our street that we go to often and Fifty Point Conservation area is within walking distance, which has a marina, ponds, lots of walking tails and a beach.

I would LOVE to take the kids to the OEYC's, splash pads, the library and other field trips but am I required to provide car seats for the kids??

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah A View Post
    I would LOVE to take the kids to the OEYC's, splash pads, the library and other field trips but am I required to provide car seats for the kids??
    All the kids / car seats need to meet the car seat laws. I believe if you want to provide the car seats or borrow the parents it would be completely up to you.

I have an 8 seater van with 5 professionally installed (ok so my husband installs them ~ but he is a certified to run the car seat clinics) car seats so that I am always mobile. I am home because I want to know that I will be able to always be there for my daughters, which means, if they need to me, I 'lock and load' the daycare kiddies and I am there.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

We go for walks and hit the nearby parks, but my group is mainly 1 and 2 year olds so I don't think they'd benefit much from field trips. And, I don't want the responsibility of having them in my car. AND, I don't have room in my car for 6 carseats!

I don't take kids around in our car (only have one, and hubby takes it to work, 5 min away) as it's extra insurance that I don't want to spend. I wish we were closer to town or walking distance to something! We don't even have a park in our subdivision! It's crazy - don't ask how I keep my sanity!!!!