Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Part-time vs. Full-time rates?

Hi everyone!

I would love to know if you all charge a different rate for part-time and how much of a difference?

Right now I charge $36 and $38- does this seem reasonable? I have a dedicated space and recently my taxes got change so we have to pay a portion of our property tax st commercial rates-which is when my fees went up.

Thanks!

Euphoric !
    For myself I charge a flat rate - $30 a day regardless of hours at daycare but I am in Manitoba and that is the going rate. I only take full-time and if someone wants to come part-time hours they are still required to pay full time. I do however only charge $15 for the day if I have to close at 1pm or earlier. If I have to close after that I still charge full rate.

I have had people in the past ask for part-time (back when I was taking it) and I had offered someone with morning's only at $20. They ended up finding someone who would charge by the hour.

Euphoric !
    I'm with mickyc in Manitoba. I charge full time to everyone except one who was grandfathered in (I had a group of kids leave so I took that time to change my hours and rates). I charge them half the rate for 4 hours or less.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have 2 different prices for if the child is full day or half day (I have children who come in for my am preschool program) but the price doesn't change if a child comes 2 days or 5. Same price per day. The difference I use though is that if a child attends at least 4 days a week on a regular schedule, they are entitled to 6 free sick days per calendar year. If a child attends less than 4 days, they pay for the spot whether they attend or not.

Euphoric !
    When I have an opening I advertise for full time .... So I don't have any part time ... I generally only offer part time to my current families who go on mat leave and they must pay for a minimum of three days and I charge $5 more a day. I currently have one just finishing mat leave and new baby starts in a week and a half, and i have another on mat leave till aug and another due in april. However if I needed to fill several spots and all I could get was part time then I guess I would take it.

Outgoing
    I charge monthly so my ''monthly daily rate' is lower than what I'd charge per day for part time or drop in by 7-9 dollars, depending on days in the month. For a child who is 2 or less days per week, I'd probably charge the full drop in rate. For 3 days/week or more I might split the difference between the two.

Eg: drop in rate = $45, full time 'monthly daily rate' = $37. For 3-4 days a week I might do $40 per day.

The extra amount per day would cover my pain of having to deal with two different families for one space.

Euphoric !
    It really varies based on your location. In my area, it is normal to charge your full time rates monthly, in advance. My part time rate is based on a daily calculation (# of days x $40, paid at the beginning of the month). My drop-in rate is the same amount daily, but does not have to be paid in advance. Drop-in is dependent upon space available, and (to be honest) whether or not I feel like having one more that day.

Starting to feel at home...
    I charge $38 vs $40

Euphoric !
    I charge $90 for 2 days, $135 for 3 days, $175 for 4 days and $200 for 5 days although my 4 day rate only applies if I am in a good mood and their hours are less than 10 per day meaning the parent isn't working an extra hour daily paid just to get time off on Fridays which is very common here in Ottawa.

Euphoric !
    Where are you that you are paying commercial property taxes?