Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Excel spreadsheet for expenses

So I am going to start getting my stuff organized for taxes. How should I do this?

I have a spread sheet with every parent across the top and down the side I have been tracking their payments.

I was going to do another spread sheet for food expenses. One column for daycare and one column for my family's food (to show we are not charging household to the business).

I was going to do a final spread sheet for everything else. What categories do I need? Can I combine some e.g. toys/crafts? I think what I have left is toys, crafts, business/office expenses e.g. business cards, CPR course, supplies e.g daycare chairs, slide, cots etc. Are there better/clearer titles as well?

Thanks

Euphoric !
    Get out a tax form and look at the categories you need to fill and use those so the numbers are ready. You will have things like office supplies, advertising, supplies is a category and includes food, toys, crafts, bedding, dishes, etc. but what I would do is make a page for just this category and break it down but then total the page for the number and have one for the other categories including large purchases that need to go into CCA, shared expenses. You will need a sheet for use for home where you record utility bills and such.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: