Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    apples and bananas
    I love all of these ideas and it's starting to spark my imagination.

Euphoric !
    I always buy my dck presents. I usually spend $5 per child. It can get pricy. With my part-timers I have 6 gifts this Christmas to get. I usually get puzzles or books. Now that my daughter is in pre-school I can order books from scholastic so I am excited about that.

I don't actually get the kids to make a gift for their parents. We do arts and crafts in December for Christmas that could all be keepsakes.

Euphoric !
    I do a lot of baking for Christmas and will do it during the daycare day to get it done. The little ones either play or watch and the older ones help a little but mostly it is me doing while they have access to Christmas themed activities at the table where I can see them while I work. Most things are a 9x13 pan so we cut a few squares for each to take home - one for each member of family.

Euphoric !
    Oh ya, I forgot about baking! I do the same as you playfelt but I send it all home. I don't need it lol. I also buy daycare food separately so I bake with that stuff.

I also do nuts and bolts and send that home in these clear christmas themed containers from the dollar store. The parents love it and always ask for the recipe

Euphoric !
    So, are you going to share the recipe with us?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Sure

Heat the following in a pot on the stove
    1 1/2 cup butter
    1 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder and celery salt
    2-3 tsp worchestere sauce

I don't have an exact recipe for the following but fill a large roasting pan of the following...
    -bugles (I like the nacho flavoured best)
    -cheerios(did honey nut one year and it was a hit)
    -shreddies/life
    -cheezies (the hard kind, I use Hawkins)
    -peanuts
    -cashews
    -goldfish
    -pretzels

Pour the sauce so all the toppings are covered and give them a toss. Bake in oven at 200 and mix every 30 minutes for 2 hours. Let cool and serve!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I usually help the kids with something sweet for the parents and they also make a card. This year we'll be making Turtles. I usually get the kids 3 presents. I find there are usually reasonably priced items at Costco.

Euphoric !
    I have done things in the past like buy each child a thick colouring book and their own box of crayons which they use for the Christmas season at my house - they get their book and crayons while I make lunch. They are free to colour on any page, just look at the pictures, etc. Then the book with most pages unfinished and the box of crayons goes home with them on the day they start their vacation days - parents appreciate an item that fills time over the holiday and I got to make use of it at daycare. The books are rarely expensive. The crayons depends on their age and ability with the little ones getting a box of the fat crayons and the older ones getting a box of 24 or more depending.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I got this cookie cutter set at winners. it make amazing snowflakes. you use the big cutter for the outline and then smaller ones ot make the intricate designs of the snowflake.

this would be great for your big kids to make a beautiful Christmas tree decoration. the set was 6 bucks and making that over ready dough is super cheap.

Buy a s*** load of dollar store sparkles to decorate and your done.

With I could show you a picture of this cutter set. its serious. it definitely won look like a baby made decoration. good for mom and dad!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cadillac For This Useful Post: