Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Comedy

Outgoing

Outdoor Comedy

Just wanted to share a little glimpse into our outdoor time this morning as I'm sure you can all relate:
    Took 15 minutes to get children dressed to go outside. Finally ready to run into the backyard and child A has his boots off and one mitten in his mouth. I rectify situation. Now ready to go outside.
    Get outside, child B falls within seconds. Cries for about three minutes. Starts playing. Child C has lost a mitten. I rush around looking for mitten and put it back on. Child A has his boots off again and is walking through the cold mud in his white socks. Find boots and put them back on.
    Child B starts crying because with all the outdoor gear on he cannot get onto the little car he wants to ride. I stand back and use encouraging words. He gets it all by himself!
    Child C has both mittens off now and is chewing on a plastic toy that was sitting in the mud. Find mittens and put them back on. Take toy away and wash mud off face.
    Child B has hat off, one boot off and is sitting on the ground crying, defeated. Comfort child, put clothes back on.
    Child A has boots off again.
    15 minutes have passed since we got outside and I call it a day and round everyone up to go inside.
    Child B, who has been crying since we got outside is now crying again at the news that we are going inside. Child A runs away.
    Child C takes mittens off again.

I am exhausted.

Expansive...
    and you have had your exercise for the day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

Oh, I feel your pain. Just be grateful you didn`t have a child D and E

Starting to feel at home...
    LOL!!! That pretty much sums it up. Too funny!

Expansive...
    Lol !!! Sometimes I wonder if we should tape ourselves and watch it on fast !!!! I do the same thing here !!! Although the positive is when I check the clock I'm excited to find its lunch time already ??!!! Yay !!!!

Euphoric !
    LOL...yup the story of our lives!

I love that most of the parents send mittens on a string....really cuts back on looking for it. Altho, I must be a mean dcp, I get them to find it if one falls off lol.

Not sure if you are wearing ski pants yet or not but I make sure to put their ski pants over their boots to cut back on boots falling off. It helps in the middle of winter when there is deep snow and the chance of boots falling off is more likely to happen.

Euphoric !
    lol.

I must be a meanie because my kids would never even try to take off their boots or hats once I put them on! They know that is not acceptable. I do have trouble with mitts falling off though. I have 1 that has strings on her mitts.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    Oh I hate winter wear.

Expansive...
    It last around 6-7 months here !!!so winter wear is here for awhile at least here ��

Euphoric !
    That is enough to give you nightmares tonight. I so detest this time of year. The kids get so little "exercise" out of going outside as they can barely move - look like but do not function like a weeble doll - they get down and do not get back up.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: