Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Outdoor Comedy

Expansive...
    I have also been known to use packing tape to keep mitts on. I got Snowstopper mitts for my own kids this year, and included my dc parents in the order too since I had to order them online. So we will see what they are like once all the snow comes, but atleast I know that most of them will have mitts that can't come off or get snow inside the cuff (only one parent didn't buy the mitts, unfortunately she has the one thaf won't keep her mitts on - so I will definitely be taping them on).

Euphoric !
    huh, I can't say I have ever heard or even thought of taping mittens on lol.

I do the same as another poster(I think it was crayola kiddies?), put the mitts on first and then the jacket and this helps. I have a few kids this year that don't have long mitts though so I will be asking them to buy better ones.

Euphoric !
    I made elastics one year for mitts. Bought a package of sewing elastic and made loops - then that goes over the cuff - tight enough to hold everything in place but not tight enough to cut off circulation. We have smaller ones we use with bells on music that can go either on wrist or ankle (they love to dance with bells on). I liked the reusable part of the elastics

I refuse to take the gang outside, come in and change everyone's clothes - not my job. Parents either provide proper outside gear or we don't go.

Euphoric !
    wow, I had a "duh!!" moment today!!!! This thread was in my mind as I was getting them ready to go out. I was helping a child put her mitts on and the handful of times she has worn these ones I have always noticed a black elastic and wondered what it was for and cursed it because it was always in the way. Today I decided to check it out better and it's like the elastic I'm assuming playfelt is talking about!! I put the elastic loop around her wrist and then put the mitt on....so if the mitt falls off, it's still attached to her wrist. Brilliant!!

I felt like a real idiot!!! LOL

Euphoric !
    Had to make my own of course years ago - back in the days of wearing two pair of grandma made knitted mitts, lol. What a great idea to have it integrated - if you wouldn't mind taking note of the brand that would be great.

Expansive...
    Playfelt...all gloves/mitts designed for skiers and snowboarder have those, even the adult ones! My girls have Kombi brand.

Euphoric !
    I will try to remember to check on Monday!! I told mom about my moment and she laughed and said she has put them on but they still fall off. She said she is going to sew the loop a bit smaller and see if that helps.