Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Help Please - How to Attract Clients

Hello! I am new to this forum. I am trying to get a home daycare started and finding it extremely slow in terms of finding clients. I have advertised on several sites, put up posters, net worked through mom groups, handed out cards…I am not sure what else to do.

Are there any experienced home daycare providers out there that might have some insight into how to get started? I have one client beginning next year, but I am hoping to get three more children.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Euphoric !
    Just keep advertising. I found it hard at the beginning because I had no references and parents were scared that I would start running my daycare only to find out I didn't like it and quit. Once I finally got going word of mouth has worked out great for me. With exception of my last spot all of my other spots have had multiple families interested.

It will come just keep advertising.

Euphoric !
    I agree with mickyc, just keep at it!! I filled my 3 spots quickly but it took awhile to fill the 4th. I had experience in dc centres but no kids of my own so parents either really liked that (they knew I was doing this because I love kids and not just to stay home with my own) or were leery of it (why would a young childless woman want a hdc?? lol)

Now word of mouth is my best advertiser and eventually it will be yours too!! Keep at it and don't get discouraged. If you know any other dcp's, ask if they are willing to share their waiting list names. Some are and some aren't. Mickyc and I do it and it's nice to have that extra help!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Where are you located? maybe there is a dry spell. It's all about timing. A few times I advertise I may get a few bites, then other times....3 or 4 calls a day. It depends. Hang in there. Sounds like you are doing everything you need to be doing.

Have you tried hosting an open house?

Starting to feel at home...
    Other mommy is right thesis a tough time of year. January is usually pretty good for inquiries so not to much longer to wait.

Thank you for all the advice everyone. Yes, it seems word of mouth is the best way. I am going to keep plugging away at it. I did do one open house, I may try another.