Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cuteboys View Post
    Has anyone tried melaleuca products? There is one I bought (sol-u-guard botanical), is supposed to be safe for kids and pets, and if left on for 10 minutes, is supposed to kill 99% of household germs and bacteria.

I haven't used it beyond spraying and wiping off (because honestly, the things that are easy to wipe, I wipe with my norwex cloths - tables and chairs and such). I'd love to be able to spray down my train table and little people structures without having to wipe them. I know I need to just try it on my own to see if it leaves a residue, but just curious if anyone else has tried it!
    I looked at the product specs on the website and nowhere does it mention for the product you mentioned that it is or is not safe for pets and kids. Also on the ingredient list it mentions "detergents" I am very sceptical when a company who claims to be all natural has a general description on a label. Detergent could be any number of things and are highly irritating too so I don't think that this product is necessarily as good as it claims to be.

Also dodge I would not add essential oils to a cleaner used on items that children potentially mouth unless you have done extensive research on their safety. Some essential oils are toxic if ingested and many people have a reaction if making skin contact even after dilution. One rule f thumb is that if following a mix for cleaner that will be used around children, only add 50% of the recommended amount.

Yes I was aware, and only use vinegar, but thanks.

Geez that sounded a lot harsher than intended...LOL anyways I do not use oils in anything that can be mouthed
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 11-18-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Outgoing
    It was in the description I read and also says on the bottle "safe for use around kids, pets and food."

Though I do like to use only vinegar and my norwex cloths (just water with them), my agency requires that an actual disinfectant is used on occasion. This is the lesser of several evils to me (though I've seen some tips on here that I might be trying!), so that's what I've decided to try next.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cuteboys For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Another cleaning product that I've used in the past (found it at a natural health store last time- have to look for it again because I love it!) is Orange TKO. It's a safe non-toxic cleaner made from orange peels. http://www.tkoorange.com/index.html It's safe around children and pets AND has bee approved for use in food establishments in Canada.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy123 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Cleaning and sanitizing aren't the same thing. I think we do too much of the sanitizing and that kills the good germs too.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

I run an organic daycare and do not use any chemicals AT ALL. I use Norwex Microfiber cloths that remove 99% of anything (And I mean ANYTHING) on a surface. (I also sell the product on the side, but I am not using this as a promo). I personally don't like having chemicals around the house that are potentially dangerous for children. Vinegar is a great alternative mixed with a few drops of tea tree oil. lots of options out there that clean and kill bacteria and you don't need chemicals even "green" products have many hidden ingredients. (you may pm me if you do want further info on Norwex though).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FunnyFarm For This Useful Post:

You guys are much better about sanitizing than I am. Floors get washed/vacuumed once a week. High chairs get wiped down at the end of every day. Toys get washed as needed (but after reading this, I'm going to get myself more organized about doing this).

I use natural homemade cleaners. Vinegar/water on surfaces, steam clean/vacuum/sweep floors. With dirty toys, I put them in dishwasher or spray with vinegar/lysol wipe if needs.

Daily cleaning. And do not use remedies which contain hard chemicals

Has anyone ever used roomba 665? After I view comparisono between this one and all the similar models it seems to me that in my case it could become a perfect choice but I am still not sure because maybe I just missed some worthy options.