Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Reasons for termination in your contract

I just want to say I love this website and am so glad I found it. It is so helpful. After reading some of the posts lately I was thinking about my contract. I really don't have anywhere in my contract that states reasons I would terminate other than for non-payment, frequent late payments or NSF cheques or consistent late pickups. I have a 2 week waiting period at the beginning where either myself or the family can terminate care with not notice for any reason. I would like to incorporate something in my contract giving other reasons I would terminate such as a child who is consistently aggressive, failure to follow policies and procedures in my contract, failure to follow my sick policy, failure of a child to transition within a reasonable time.

I would love to read what other people put in their contract regarding reasons to terminate.

I have a section where childcare spot will be terminated immediately with no notice and without refund of deposit. This is for constant disregard of contract policies...this gives me some flexibility with those who reoffend multiple times if I have a moment of weakness and give them the benefit of the doubt. Another reason is disrespect to me or members of my family or other daycare families....so no mouthing off to me or snide comments. And finally the big one is masking a child's illness. If I find a family does this, they are called to collect and their bags are packed and waiting.

Euphoric !
    This is what mine says. It is purposely vague so that I can pretty much do what I want because in the grand scheme of things a continuously ticked off caregiver - me - is a bad thing so therefore the offending family is detrimental to the well being of the daycare. I did it this way so that I didn't miss anything.

BY PROVIDER: Provider will give at least three weeks written notice should she wish to change or terminate the contract. The provider reserves the right to terminate without notice for breach of the terms and conditions of this contract or if, in the provider’s opinion, the continuation of the child or parent as part of the daycare group is detrimental to the well-being of the other children in care.

Outgoing
    First of all, I have it written that the two week deposit, is non refundable. I have written:

I reserve the right to terminate childcare services at my discretion for the following reasons:
    *Failure to pay
    *Consistent late payments or NSF cheques
    *Failure to follow proper procedures outlined above (referring to my policies handbook)
    *Failure of the child to adjust in a reasonable amount of time
    *Physical or verbal abuse of any kind directed toward other children or property
    *Disrespect toward myself, other children, parents or my family

*Inability of myself to meet child's/parent's specific needs
    *New or existing client in need of a full time slot where a part time slot exists, when the daycare is almost at maximum capacity
    Last edited by JennJubie; 11-21-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Euphoric !
    Thanks so much everyone!!