White rice is NOT GLUTEN FREE. Be sure to only give brown rice. Gluten and Wheat free is extremely easy to follow once you have educated yourself on the ins and outs of it. I would insist that the parents provide food until you have a very clear and accurate understanding of what is and what isn't WF and GF. See how even on this forum people have the best intentions but make innocent mistakes by saying give them rice when it absolutly must be brown rice. You need to be clear on the specifics having sourced your info from the professionals, or the other alternative is ask the parents to provide food ongoing if you don't want to change all your kids to W and G free as I assume you don't want to make an extra meal daily.

My household is Wheat and Gluten free. It is super easy and as long as you aren't serving processed foods you should not have to worry about hidden gluten in items. For example, gluten is found in sandwich meats...that is a processed food and I do not serve processed foods to my daycare children so it is not an issue I need to watch out for.