Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

2 year old with challenging behaviour

I have a 2 year old in my care who is constantly challenging me and testing me. By the end of the day I am so fed up that I feel on the verge of tears. I am sometimes literally shaking with pent up frustration. Just this week he is grabbing toys from the other kids, hiting them (on purpose), this morning he walked right up to a little girl and pushed her without any provocation and then looked at me and started laughing. He just asked me for a puzzle, so I gave it to him and then he threw it on the floor. He is also asking me to hold him all the time. I am totally at a loss here.
    The biggest issue is that he is my own child so I can't even call the parents for a chat!!!
    Help!!!

Euphoric !
    Ah yes our own kids are sometimes the worst .... I had one of those and he is in full day jk this year and what a relief ... I found a half day program that he could go to twice a week and it really helped.

Outgoing
    My own son is like that too!

He isn't the oldest of my group but he IS the biggest and he knows it. He has been snatching toys, walking right up and taking the toys away and biting... Sigh.

What I am doing is spending as much one on one time with him that I can. Having him sit on my lap during storytime, I also put him down for nap LAST and wake him up FIRST so we have a good 15 mins of snuggle one on one time without the others.

It will pass I promise you. I am the mom of soon to be 5 and this is SO common at this age whether or NOT you have a home daycare or not.

Oh gravy train...feel your pain. I was counting down the days when my 4 year old would start school. And now her little sister has taken over as Queen Bee around my daycare. She's starting school next Sept. I am so counting down the days. yet again.

Very common with children of daycare providers.

Different things have worked with my 2.5 yo son and after a while the misbehavior starts to show and now I follow another strategy or one of the older ones. What is currently working very well (and is making him act almost like a model child lol) is letting him be around the house as he pleases. My daycare is in the main floor and it is all gated to separate our private spaces from the daycare area. He is the only one allowed to go to his room, play anywhere outside the daycare area or inside if he wishes with the other dck. The first day I did that, besides behaving very well he told me several times he was happy.

Euphoric !
    Just posted this same question!

OHHH SAME condition here with my son..

Euphoric !
    Glad to know I am not the only one!!!