Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    Honestly the best gift for me has been clients who give me cards with really nice, thoughtful things written inside...I too hate knick knacks...I had a client who would give me the best gifts...100$ gift cards for Xmas, birthday, Mother's Day etc...THEY WOULD EVEN PAY FOR SOME OF MY TIME OFF! Even though they didn't have to. And they weren't loaded with money either. but it wasn't just the fact that they got me these things, it was how SUPER APPRECIATIVE they were that made it so special...they were always saying how happy they were with me etc etc. I think of them often and they hold a special place in my heart...I wish all my clients were like them.

I myself always send a little gift card for timmies or Starbucks to my sons teacher and I take the time to write a nice thank you message in the card. Oh and for the bus driver too

Euphoric !
    I looked after a past child for the last two days and when the mom picked up today she thanked me and told me how happy she was that she is able to use me as a back up at times because she knows her son misses me and loved coming here. (they left to go to a preschool/daycare along with another child I used to care for) She had told the other mom that he was coming here for 2 days and she said that the other mom mentioned how they miss me as well and that her daughter has a stuffy at home that she calls my name now. It melted my heart and meant more to me than any gift could have.

Shy
    I don't expect a gift at all, that being said, I definitely love getting them and appreciate them immensely! I have one family who refuses to accept any reduced fees due to any closures I may have, including vacation. They also spoil me silly for my birthday and Christmas, last year they took my husband and I out to a really lovely restaurant. One of my other families last year (no longer with me) gave me a box of weird mints, but a really lovely heartfelt card, so that was nice. Another family, of whom I cared for their twins, gave me nothing at all, didn't even say thanks

Shy
    I always get my DCP a gift! I really enjoy gift giving though.... kinda more than receiveing!

Last year I got my DCP a Scentsy Candle and wax, she loves it and uses it regularily!
    I also gave wrapped colouring books to each child in the daycare so they could have some Christmas fun, opening presents!

This year all I have is a nice scarf for her, and I am kinda at a loss as to what else to get to go with it... maybe a cardigan? (any thoughts? I was thinking a Chapters gift card.. but does that "go" with a scarf? lol)

Hope she dosen't read these boards...

For the kiddies, this year I made an indoor hopscotch! I am so excited for her to open it with the kiddies! I love it and may just have to make one for my DD at home!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Woodsy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I always get my DCP a gift! I really enjoy gift giving though.... kinda more than receiveing!

Last year I got my DCP a Scentsy Candle and wax, she loves it and uses it regularily!
    I also gave wrapped colouring books to each child in the daycare so they could have some Christmas fun, opening presents!

This year all I have is a nice scarf for her, and I am kinda at a loss as to what else to get to go with it... maybe a cardigan? (any thoughts? I was thinking a Chapters gift card.. but does that "go" with a scarf? lol)

Hope she dosen't read these boards...

For the kiddies, this year I made an indoor hopscotch! I am so excited for her to open it with the kiddies! I love it and may just have to make one for my DD at home!
    The hopscotch sounds awesome As for buying your dcp an item of clothing I think most would discourage you on that one. Everyone's taste in clothing is different so I'd steer clear on that. A gift card to anywhere is a nice supplement regardless of what else you give. I think a chapters gift card and a scarf would be a lovely gift.

Euphoric !
    Agreed! I don't even like my husband buying me clothing lol. Gift cards are such a wonderful thing!

You can gift some edible items because everyone loves them! At https://www.bestpricefavors.com/prod...-favors-ideas/, I was just browsing the ideas for winter wedding favors and noticed that they have a ton of other options too. Just checkout the website and you'll definitely find some inspirations.