Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassygirl View Post
    Even though I am closed for our trip Dec 19-26 all my other kiddos will be off the two full weeks as parents have the 2 weeks off.
    Unfortunately my time will be unpaid... Its the norm in my area to not charge for sick, vacation or stats. Sucks big time!
    It's the norm in my area too not to be paid for sick or vacation but paid stat holidays is a legal entitlement.

I have taken the entire Xmas week off. I need to recharge my batteries. I will be getting paid for the 2 stat holidays (xmas and boxing day).

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    I don't have a set amount of time I take off per year. I don't want to restrict myself. I had surgery this year and had to take 2 weeks off but it certainly wasn't a vacation time for me. I had 2 weeks off in August for a vacation and took March Break off to be home and then time off from the 20th to the 6th. Seems like a lot of time when I write it down like that but typically I like 4-5 weeks a year to avoid burnout. Next year I already have 10 days planned in March after the first week off and will take time in the Summer and Xmas too. Also I don't work Fridays so when there is a long weekend it is not uncommon for me to take Thursdays and Mondays off too to get a 5 day break by only being off two days.
    I'm going to change it as my contracts roll over as well. I don't get paid for my time off (as of now, I might change it for future clients), so I'm going to change it to "up to 20 days per year." I'm also Monday-Thursday except for a friends daughter so that would be up to 5 weeks. I'm taking an early ed course by correspondence starting in Jan, so I don't want any days off I need to take for exams to cut into my vacation. Because driving and writing exams is NOT a day off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cuteboys View Post
    I'm going to change it as my contracts roll over as well. I don't get paid for my time off (as of now, I might change it for future clients), so I'm going to change it to "up to 20 days per year." I'm also Monday-Thursday except for a friends daughter so that would be up to 5 weeks. I'm taking an early ed course by correspondence starting in Jan, so I don't want any days off I need to take for exams to cut into my vacation. Because driving and writing exams is NOT a day off lol.
    Would you mind sharing the early ed course you are doing online?

Outgoing
    You bet. It's from Lakeland college (in Lloydminster, AB). It's called curriculum planning. The description is:

Explore children’s literature, language arts, math and science curriculum planning, implementation and evaluation. Research, design and implement interactive activities with children. Emphasis supporting developmental needs of children in preschool, school and community settings.

I've been feeling in a bit of a rut, I have my ed degree, but haven't taught since my practicum (in 2009). One of my practicum schools doesn't exist anymore, and one of the 2 teachers I taught with at the other is retired. To apply anywhere in AB they require references from 3 teachers who have seen you teach. So I'm going to have a tough time there. Taking a few early ed courses will both help me with my program planning and will help me in the future, opening me up to other organizations that work with children.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cuteboys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    I am the only poor sucker working by the looks of things LOL. I ask my families to give me their schedules and to see if there are any days that I have only one or two. Nope not this year! So I am working until 3 on Christmas eve and new year's eve. This year my husband works both those days too so it isn't a huge deal. I am closed the 25th and 26th and Jan 1st. I decided to close on the 27th this year as well. 5 days off in a row! That is a long time off for me! It is business as usual around here otherwise.
    Nope, i am working over the holidays too although It's a much reduced workload. 3 of my DCparents are teachers and have chosen to keep their children home with them. of the 2 kids that i will have, I will only have to work 4 days over the 2 week span. I close at noon on Christmas Even and New Years Eve, and I have Christmas day, Boxing day and New years day off. Can't wait

Italy is a great country for relaxation and excursions. I really liked ancient Rome with its amazing architecture. I advise you to immediately rent a car https://cars-scanner.com/en/airport/...car_rental.htm to get around the island, because the taxi in the resort is very expensive and public transport is always crowded. Have a good trip!