Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

"Quick" Healthy Dinners to Make your family

Hi Ladies,

Anyone want to share recipe ideas as some days I'm just too pooped to make a big dinner!

Cheers

Sue

Euphoric !
    I absolutely LOVE those roasted chickens you can buy in the deli section of the grocery store. On a hot day, slice up the meat and put it into tortillas with your favorite veggies, shredded cheese and a drizzle of your choice of sauce (I like a little BBQ and a little ranch). Do some rice or noodles, and you are done! Or you can do pulled chicken sandwiches, eat the chicken on its own with a salad and a carb side, cut it up for pasta alfredo, and so on.
    I am also a big fan of having a tub of spaghetti sauce in the freezer, for those nights when you just don't feel like making anything but boiling water!!

Expansive...
    I make a pasta salad that I love, bow tie pasta, grape tomatoes (halved), fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, pinch of salt, and balsamic vinegar

Starting to feel at home...
    I subscribe to a magazine called "Cook's Country". In the middle of the magazine is a pull out recipe card set (8 recipes) These receipes take approx. 20 minutes to prepare and they include recipes like---Creamy pasta with lemon-pepper chicken--baked four-cheese pasta---poached salmon with dill-yogurt sauce---herb stuffed pork chops----flank steak with herbed potatoes and green beans---- and many more great ideas and short cuts. I am not a great cook and I do not like to cook, so these recipes are fast and easy to make and I look like a grand chef. My family loves the meals I have cooked from this magazine. The magazine also has other recipes that take a bit more time to make, and they are all good. I believe the subscription costs about $26.00 per year for 7 issues.
    Bon Apetit

5. The Following User Says Thank You to horsegirl For This Useful Post:

I love making beef pies! They are super easy. I purchase the pillsbury pre made crust, and then I brown stewing beef, add water to the beef after browned and let it simmer. In a little pot, I boil chunks of potato and carrot in a beef bouillon, then when the taters are still slightly firm, I add it all together, throw in some corn starch for gravy, and throw it in the crusts to bake for 20 min! Delicious, easy and the kids are enamoured!

I normally make two or three at once so I have enough for lunch for daycare kids the next day too!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I love making meatloaf, sweet potato sheapards pie, crazy lasagna, stir fry, and chicken everyway. I love getting new ideas as it can get repetative at times!