Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by gravy_train View Post
    So what do you think that means for those of us with pools?
    we become babysitters. I just put a 8 foot fence around mine with alarms and none of the kids ever go outside without me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    So do you think it will be illegal for us to operate as unlicensed daycares?

Outgoing
    okay, I have a pool as well, but I haven't seen anything anywhere in the proposal about pools? I don't have to become licensed, and it's only the licensing agencies that are so sticky about pools, right? I already know I won't qualify to be licensed. Not interested in making changes to get licensed so I can pay an agency for nothing... I filled before I opened and stopped taking names for a wait list because it was ridiculously long. I see no incentive whatsoever to become licensed.

Outgoing
    On another note, I did post something on my facebook page. I am a bit surprised at the responses I am getting from young Moms. They are saying that it will not be a problem because there are lots of daycare spaces available, and of course, unlicensed daycares should not be allowed... they would NEVER put their child in an unlicensed daycare! I bet they have no idea that I'm not licensed LOL. These are people who would certainly trust me with their children... they just hear "unlicensed" and see the 27 kids in the daycare in Toronto. They cannot understand why I would "stick up" for unlicensed daycares!!! Hmmm... because I AM ONE??? Wow... if parents are already convinced this is a wonderful thing, then I guess I will just stop trying to warn parents they better make sure their spot for their one year old is safe...

Outgoing
    I haven't seen anything in the proposal either but I am concerned that we will have to adhere to the same safety regulations as licensed daycares.

Euphoric !
    Gravy Train, I am not sure how they would enforce that. If you are not with an agency, there will be nobody out there inspecting your home. I suppose if the pool thing were included in the Act and somehow the general public became aware (not that likely) then neighbours could report you. Otherwise, I don't think I would be overly worried. But who knows really!

Euphoric !
    This was posted on a group I am on on facebook - with all of the hassles we have had of getting insurance how will those allowed 6 be able to get any insurance:

Quote: "when I was with the agency here in London I had to provide and pay for my own home childcare ryder insurance and provide them 'proof' it was not covered by the agency ... so that is a valid point that adding the 6th child will do no good if you cannot find insurance for more than 5 children ... so either the insurance industry would have to amend their policies OR agencies would be forced to provide group coverage which is going to end up resulting in even HIGHER fees to parents cause that cost has to be covered somewhere"

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by treeholm View Post
    On another note, I did post something on my facebook page. I am a bit surprised at the responses I am getting from young Moms. They are saying that it will not be a problem because there are lots of daycare spaces available, and of course, unlicensed daycares should not be allowed... they would NEVER put their child in an unlicensed daycare! I bet they have no idea that I'm not licensed LOL. These are people who would certainly trust me with their children... they just hear "unlicensed" and see the 27 kids in the daycare in Toronto. They cannot understand why I would "stick up" for unlicensed daycares!!! Hmmm... because I AM ONE??? Wow... if parents are already convinced this is a wonderful thing, then I guess I will just stop trying to warn parents they better make sure their spot for their one year old is safe...
    Whaaaaatttt??? LOL!! I'd be really interested to know where all these spaces are. I'm sure the people on my waiting list (who are on multiple waiting lists) would be interested to know as well. Where do you live? Narnia? If so, send my missing socks back please

Sorry, not to make light of it, but Jesus, seriously? It just shows you what a bunch of sheep the general public is. They really have no idea how this system works and that the vast majority of us are unlicensed...not just the bad ones. I was trying to explain to my mum the issues surrounding licensing and why most of us aren't. She had a really hard time wrapping her head around the fact that going through an agency doesn't mean that the provider is licensed...only the agency is. It took a good 10 minutes to make her understand. Then I had to explain why I couldn't really take her up on her suggestion of getting licensed myself. By the end, she could see where, really, we're completely buggered. This is a system that does not work for the providers in any way, shape or form. Someone mentioned earlier that they wondered why the CECE hadn't stepped up to help us out. It is my belief that they're not there to help us. They're there to hold us accountable. I stopped my membership with them because I saw no value in it what-so-ever. I'm greatly offended that now I can't even claim to be an ECE because I didn't conform. I'll go back now out of necessity, but very grudgingly.

Ugh.....ok, rant done. I forget where this post even started. Oh yeah....the young mums who haven't been hit where they live yet. Bahahahaha! That'll be interesting to follow. When they approach you for care Treeholm, don't forget to rub in the fact that you're unlicensed

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Whaaaaatttt??? LOL!! I'd be really interested to know where all these spaces are. I'm sure the people on my waiting list (who are on multiple waiting lists) would be interested to know as well. Where do you live? Narnia? If so, send my missing socks back please

Ugh.....ok, rant done. I forget where this post even started. Oh yeah....the young mums who haven't been hit where they live yet. Bahahahaha! That'll be interesting to follow. When they approach you for care Treeholm, don't forget to rub in the fact that you're unlicensed
    The young Mom who told me there are plenty of spots is in Ottawa. I am not in Ottawa, so I really can't respond... but she said there were tons of daycare spaces in Ottawa. I suggested they were probably spaces for 2 and 3 year olds.

Outgoing
    The other young mom who said she would NEVER send her child to an unlicensed daycare, and this legislation is wonderful, is in the GTA.