Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyrae57 View Post
    Just got the same thing in Calgary! Sent me a cheque for $2880; a ridiculous sum considering my small deposit! Was curious if it would clear or not, now I won't hold my breath. Thx!
    Whatever you do - do not return any of the money to them. That is how the scam works. They give you too much and ask the difference be returned and by that time cheque bounces and you have sent your money to them. Let them know they can have the difference when they arrive for care. Even if the cheque appears to cash now pretend it is not in your account as it will most likely be removed nsf or cancelled by sender soon enough. This scam has been around for many years.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Hi everyone, I got this same email about a month ago, I called the police and they gave me this number to call it is the Canadian anti fraud centre. 1-888-495-8501 We should try to report these scams so they can put a stop to it! I'm glad more people are aware of it now!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markid For This Useful Post:

I got all the same emails everyone has previously posted, word for word, and fell for it. But the difference is that they sent me a cheque for less than I asked.

Yep, they're still doing it - guy is going by the name Luke Moory, wife Becky and son Timothy

I know the posts are very old now,but found this post and had the same experience as you and thus had to reply

Greetings,

My name is Mr Moory and my wife name is Becky. I got your contact information through my search for daycare on internet for our Son. We are relocating to your area and we need a daycare to register our little boys as soon as possible ahead of our arrival in your area. Name of our son is: (Timothy 3 years 1 month old ).

I will like to know if you have open space to register our son because we want to register our son with you now before our arrival, so we can focus on setting up our business without any waste of time on searching for daycare once we get over there.

We will like to always drop our son at your daycare Monday to Friday every morning by 10 AM to 3 PM or 4 PM. Also i will like to know how much money do you charges per day?

Please get back to me on time if you have open for our son and let me know your fees as well, so we can continue on his registration process with you.

I will be waiting for your quick response.

Thanks

Euphoric !
    I got it too....the scams are pretty easy to spot (the Cantin Moore one). Actually, I just got it recently...a couple weeks ago while I was still on vacation, so it's been circulating for a while. If someone wants to sign up without even seeing you or your set up, forget it. I know there's the odd, genuine international inquiry. For the most part though, I think it's typically a scam.
    Last edited by cfred; 02-25-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Shy
    Thankfully I came across this thread. This scam is still making it's rounds. I almost fell for it, too. He is now signing his name as Pinet Nider, his wife is Rebeca and his sons are Brochu and Wayne.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzy For This Useful Post:

I got something very similar! But this was a "Mexican" family!! scammers!

Yep this is what I had happened to me! His name was Lanpi Niber, and the sons name was Brochu and Wayne. This is ridiculous!