Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Talking

So, I replied with my phone number and asked her to contact me this is the reply I received this morning

Thanks for your quick response. We are Canadians working and living in Mexico for the past 3 years, it's time to relocate back to Canada in 2 weeks, i would have loved to call you but our work timing will not allow me to and i will need a calling card to do so, that why i chose emailing for proper registration process ahead our arrival.

Your charges is very affordable to us and it's perfectly okay with our budget as planned, but before we go ahead, the safety our our children matter most to us.

If you don't mind, we will like to know about you and your Daycare? What should be our expectation on our children while attending your Daycare? What about food, will you be the one providing their food or they should always come with their food? You may also supply any additional information as well.

Your quick response will be appreciated. I will get back to you with all the necessary information you need to know about our children to continue the registration process and i will send you our recent family picture as well.

Just so you are all aware, !

apples and bananas
    Here's the thing.

I don't take on clients that I can't meet first. For that reason alone I would not send any information to an email like this.

I would always insist that the client send a phone number to me to continue the process. I give out only information that is on my website anyways.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgarymom View Post
    So, I replied with my phone number and asked her to contact me this is the reply I received this morning

Thanks for your quick response. We are Canadians working and living in Mexico for the past 3 years, it's time to relocate back to Canada in 2 weeks, i would have loved to call you but our work timing will not allow me to and i will need a calling card to do so, that why i chose emailing for proper registration process ahead our arrival.

Your charges is very affordable to us and it's perfectly okay with our budget as planned, but before we go ahead, the safety our our children matter most to us.

If you don't mind, we will like to know about you and your Daycare? What should be our expectation on our children while attending your Daycare? What about food, will you be the one providing their food or they should always come with their food? You may also supply any additional information as well.

Your quick response will be appreciated. I will get back to you with all the necessary information you need to know about our children to continue the registration process and i will send you our recent family picture as well.

Just so you are all aware, !
    That's interesting that they replied back. Id still be a bit Leary since a lot of us got the same email I know I did and I'm in Ontario, how could they be moving into my area and your area as well??

Quote Originally Posted by Mama of 1 View Post
    That's interesting that they replied back. Id still be a bit Leary since a lot of us got the same email I know I did and I'm in Ontario, how could they be moving into my area and your area as well??
    I got that exact same response to my email...word for word after I told them I do not enroll without an interview.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to venusrockstar For This Useful Post:

Shy
    so clearly its a scam.

I just received this one in my email, so it looks like they keep going with their scam. I did reply, even though I knew it wasn't true. The response again is the exact same as others and they do not go in to your answers. I'll keep playing the game and maybe get something to see if we can bring it to the police or something??

Shy
    Oh man, I wish I'd checked here two days ago when I got the e-mail. My gut told me there was something wrong, should have gone with my gut and just deleted it.

Shy
    OMG I GOT THE SAME EMAIL!!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I got the same email as well and just deleted it

Scams

Hello! Has anyone ever been contacted by someone claiming they are interested in daycare who seemed like they were running a scam? I was recently contacted by someone who claims they need daycare right a way and is currently in Mexico. They want to get the registration process done before they relocate. The grammar is off, and I get a weird feeling from the message. They haven't asked for references or anything and seem keen to enrol. I have heard of scams where people send a cheque for a substantial amount, more than required and then ask you to send the difference to them. Anyone had this happen to them? Any advice?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast