Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    apples and bananas

I'm so confused... how many kids can I now have?

I know there's already a thread started about the new legislation, but it's 31 pages long, I haven't been on in a couple of days and I'm completely confused.

So, there's a legislation that is about to be passed? Has been passed? Is trying to get passed?

It states that home daycare providers will only be aloud 5 kids including their own with a 2 under 2 restriction?

Have I caught at least the basics of it?

I have been googling this all morning and I can't seem to find any direct answers.

I have 2 school age children of my own both over the age of 6, so would this even effect me? Or do they both have to be over 10?

Whats the time limit on this?

Does anyone understand it better then me?

AND! Has anyone had clients talking about it? asking about it?

Hi A&B,

You are in the clear. Your children are over 6 so they don't count in your numbers.

You are only allowed 2 under 2. 5 daycare children total. You may only have 6 kids if you are licensed.

The bill hasn't passed yet. Second reading on Monday.

apples and bananas
    so then do any kids over 6 count? Or do they have to be my own.

So, If I have two under 2, two over 2 and one 7 year old before and after, does the 7 year old still count?

Euphoric !
    If the 7 yr old isn't yours yup ! Your children only count if the are under 6 and from what I understand they are now saying children are under 13 .... But not sure about that !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yes, just as the ladies said. I emailed a letter of concern and recieved a response from Jim Grieve (posted in the other thread). He said there will be a period of adjustment during with the new law is implemented and it has not yet passed the legislature. There is still time for them to make amendments based on input...including OUR input! I asked all my daycare parents to write in with how this will affect them...and most of my parents have told me they are working on their letters. I have one daycare parent who went to about 10 other daycares before she found me...most of them through an agency...and she was horrified at what she saw in these "licensed" daycares. I asked her to please include all of that in her letter. I think if they get some pressure from parents it will help.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post: