Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Response from MP

Just thought I'd share...

Thank you for your concern and interest in the Child Care Modernization Act ( Bill 143).
    This legislation is still very new and is at “first glance” for MPP Jackson and the PC Caucus. The caucus will take some small time to thoroughly examine Bill 143. There is a firm desire to become familiar with the amendments put forth and decide if there is need for changes , improvements , inclusions or exclusions.
    We appreciate your patience as this study progresses. Your input will be considered as this process moves forward and we will be in contact with you when there is further information to share.
    Kind Regards,

Constituency Assistant
    Office of Rod Jackson MPP Barrie
    Tel: 705-726-5538 | Fax 705-726-2880
    www.rodjacksonmpp.ca
    https://www.facebook.com/BarrieMPP
    http://www.twitter.com/RodneyJackson

Euphoric !
    Thanks for sharing Wonderwiper! Like the letter I recieved, it looks like we may have more time than some of us originally thought...and a chance to give our input. I think we need to keep sending those letters!

Starting to feel at home...
    I also received the same response from Mr. Jackson's office.

I received this response from Ted McMeekin:

Thanks for your letter.

I can sense your commitment to children as I read your note.

I have referred your letter to the Minister of Education for review and response. The Ministry of Education has responsibility for the new child care regulations. They are in a better position to comment.

All good things...........ted

And shortly after, this response from Jim Grieve:

Thank you for your letter and for taking the time to write to me and to the Ministry of Education to express your views about the early years and Bill 143, Child Care Modernization Act, 2013. These topics are priorities for our ministry and for the government.

At this time, Bill 143, Child Care Modernization Act, 2013 is still subject to legislative approval. If passed, the proposed legislation would permit informal child care providers to care for a maximum of 5 children and would require that informal providers adhere to the same age restrictions as licensed home-based child care (i.e. caring for no more than 2 children under 2 years of age) and include their own children under the age of 6 when determining the total number of children being cared for on the premises.

If the legislation is passed, changes to the child care sector can be implemented in an incremental and gradual process to support a smooth transition to reduce disruptions to service to families. This can include notifying families, child care providers and child care partners of the upcoming changes and providing time for the sector to adapt.

As part of the legislative approval process, members of the public will have opportunities to express any feedback regarding the proposed legislation at the Standing Committee Hearings. For more information as to how to participate in the legislative process, please visit the Legislative Assembly of Ontario website at:

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/home.do

or call the Procedural Services Branch at (416) 325-3500.

Again, I appreciate the time you have taken to express your views, and I encourage you to remain engaged with the legislative process. Working together, I’m confident we can make progress in achieving Ontario’s early years vision.