Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Throwing up virus

Is anyone else's daycare effected by this virus? Last week a sibling of one of my dck's had it and it has spread like wild fire. It is a sudden onset of vomiting that lasts for about a day and feeling the queasy's for a few days after. It is strange because some members of a household will get it and others don't.

Euphoric !
    Nope, not throwing up but the dirreaha bug went through here last week.

Outgoing
    I call it Norwalk virus. It tends to hit this time of year with young kids and seniors. My one son and I both got it Christmas Eve (we had been to an event the Sunday before and must have been exposed then) Both of us were throwing up, weak, feverish with diharrea for about 24-36 hours. The next day my other son and husband both got it as well.
    Chicken pox is another one that hits around Christmas time as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sassygirl For This Useful Post:

FSD

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    We've had it here and are still dealing with it!! Ugh...started last week with my daughter, then I got it, then 3 of my daycare kids got it over the weekend. I was also told it was Norwalk. The only good thing is that it does only last a day (the vomiting anyways). Not much of an appetite for a few days afterwards, but no other symptoms. My youngest daughter threw up this morning but has been fine since. It does spread like crazy...everyone has gotten it now except for one little guy. His parents still brought him in and so far he's good!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FSD For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    2 weeks ago I had one dcg with diarrhea. She had it one day, sent her home, mom said never had it that night, she was fine here the next day, day after that she had it again, sent her home, then fine after that. She has had pretty soft poops ever since. I also just had 1 dcb home with the flu (diarrhea and throwing up) for since Tuesday night last week. Luckily he didn't come on Friday like mom had thought (I stressed I did not want him here until the 24 hours had passed) and sure enough he was sick all weekend. He is supposed to be back today (just waiting for him to show up). I am hoping that it doesn't pass onto others. I had a text from my part-time mom saying her oldest had an eye infection too over the weekend. She isn't here until Thursday so hopefully! I hate this time of year. So much to do and this seems to be when illness seems to hit the hardest. All I know is I don't have time to be sick right now!

Starting to feel at home...
    Yep, been going through my dc for the past two weeks, diahhrea mostly and lasting several days. couple of the parents have ended up with it too hope it's done soon!

Outgoing
    we had the pukey/poopy bug about 3 wks ago. It spread like wildfire here too. Every DCchild caught it, the siblings of the DCkids, the parents of the DCkids, my own children caught it but not me, thank God!

apples and bananas
    I've had a bit of diarrhea run through some of them, but it hasn't hit my family. (knock on wood)

When I do get a bad vomiting virus through the house I find it's a 2 day period between one getting sick and the next.