Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Is anyone in touch with Inspired by Reggio? She knows this business inside and out and appears quite well spoken. Treeholm is quite articulate as well. I can think of a number of ladies in here, but those are 2 great ones off the top of my head.
    I'm thinking instead, why not YOU, cfred? You're knowledgeable and well-written. (often translates into articulate/well-spoken also)
    Last edited by jammiesandtea; 12-11-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Euphoric !
    Wonderwiper, how did they get a hold of you? Was this a result of your letter writing?

So who's doing it, don't want this to get missed because everyone thinks someone else will do it.

Cadillac, I had read your article in the Star, thought it was nice to finally see a good one. Might be smarter though to get someone new so it doesn't look like this is just one child care providers
    opinion.

I had thought of you Cfred as well. Although Playfelt, Sunnydays, Treeholme, and many others would all be awesome. Maybe it is a good idea for it to be someone who has been doing this for a while and even someone who came from centre care as they know what "licensed" looks like.

Euphoric !
    Normally I would likely say yes...but my life is a bit of a mess right now and I am in no state to talk to anyone, much less media! Way too much non-daycare related stress going on in my life right now...I would probably burst into tears...LOL. Come on ladies, one of you needs to do this!! There are many amazing women on here who would do a fantastic job of it!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by jammiesandtea View Post
    I'm thinking instead, why not YOU, cfred? You're knowledgeable and well-written. (often translates into articulate/well-spoken also)
    Thanks so much for the compliment jammiesandtea and Torontokids! I would have loved to, but I've just come home today from a surgery to a large portion of my face. I'm looking very gruesome at the moment and am hopped up on Percocet and hydramorphin. Articulate has gone right out the window for a week or so. Best to find someone less Frankensteinish

However, I'm happy to contribute experiences from centres if it's of any use. Please let me know if there's anything I can do from the sidelines.
    Last edited by cfred; 12-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Euphoric !
    Would probably be best if someone in the Toronto area spoke because for some reason that is the only place that stories are coming out of and since the media is hyped up on the three incidents in that area hearing from the other side would be good. Also it will give those that will be able to march on the legislature and disrupt the talks and be vocal a chance to hear first hand what is really at stake.

For sure we can all help with a list of things that could be mentioned. Sometimes giving the list of pointers in writing to the person interviewing ahead of time will also help them to get a feel for an appropriate line of questioning and might sway them away from the sensationalism since that is all they have heard so far.