Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    apples and bananas

Unexplained spots

I have a child who has a rash on her face. It started weeks ago. Tiny little red bumps that come up and eventually scab over. They never develop a white centre, they never ooze or bleed. They don't appear to be itchy or bothering her at all. They are no where else on the body.

When she developed them the first time, mom kept her home to observe and saw a dr. The dr. assured her they weren't contagious and they seemed like an allergic reaction.

They went away and she returned to care. Well, they're back. They returned on a weekend (Friday night after care) Mom and I identified that maybe she has developed an allergy to strawberries. So, no more strawberries. They started to heal over and now they're back again!

I'm not excluding her from care as they are obviously not contagious and she's been cleared by a doctor.

Has anyone run into a similar issue? Any thoughts?

Expansive...
    Both my kids have this...plus one dcg. I've been attributing it to the change in weather and dry air indoors. My son cleared up fairly quickly when I started applying cream but I am having a heck of a time finding a cream that will clear it up for my dd. I'm pretty sure I used to get this when I was young as well in the winter.

Shy
    Try petroleum jelly. It works great on dry skin and for small scratches too. Greasy but effective.

Outgoing
    You could also suggest and try coconut oil as it doesn't clog pores

Euphoric !
    Sounds like eczema .... Has the mom changed her laundry detergent? The dry air in the winter I think makes eczema worse .... Certain foods that are high in acid can trigger it too.

Expansive...
    I use Eucerin Original Creme (comes in a tub, got it at Shopper's Drug mart for about $20). Both my girls have this problem, except they get it on their back and legs. I tried everything and only the Eucerin Creme works. It is really heavy duty, my pediatrician recommended it.

I also went off dairy to help my youngest with her skin and excessive pooping when I was breastfeeding her, that helped too.

Euphoric !
    yes likely eczema. I have a few kids with it as well. seems to be worse now that it is dry. has mom talked to the doctor to maybe get her tested for certain allergies? There could be multiple food allergies so unless she is tested they won't know which ones.