Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Gifts for postal workers

Has anyone ever given their postal worker a gift?

The majority of non-grocery shopping I do is online, so we get an awful lot of mail, and often when it is too big for the box she'll drop it off at our house for us rather than leaving a note for us to pick it up!

I'm thinking of getting her a little gift for Christmas but unsure how to go about it. If I stick something in our mailbox will she take it? I don't know her name so I can't write anything to get her attention (other than "to postal worker" though that seems like a strange way to address someone). I could put it in the slot, but it don't know if it's her who goes through the sent mail. I'm not sure if I'll be getting anything to the house before Christmas, otherwise I'd personally give it to her.

Has anyone done this?

Euphoric !
    Never thought of the postal worker (we pick up at a community mailbox area) but I do give one to our newspaper lady (home delivery). I just wrap the box of chocolates (making sure they fit in the box) and write to our newspaper delivery person on the tag from our family. She takes them. I imagine the same would work for a postal worker. I would leave it in your own box and don't put it to be mailed because they just dump that box in a big bag and don't even look at it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: