Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Need to fill spaces

Hi everyone, Im new to this forum but have been a day care provider for 23 years. I have two families leaving to go on mat leave. One mid Oct and one Nov 1 I have been advertising on daycare bear for years now and always have good results. Lately however.... nothing. Not in weeks and weeks. I am wondering if all the neg publicity around licenced vs unlicenced day care may be a factor? Any thoughts.

Starting to feel at home...
    Could be a factor- I've been having the same thoughts. I'm outside of Toronto and where I am business is really slow! I've been trying to fill 2 spots all summer! Lots of people are looking for care in their own homes. It all seems to go in waves though and whether the cause is licensed vs unlicensed, it will eventually blow over. It sure is frustrating though when you know you have a good product to offer and there are no takers! I created a website and I'm hoping that it will help!

Expansive...
    I'm in Barrie and its quiet here too! I truly think its due to the economy, more people are looking to get family as its fee; plus alot more Mom's are staying home and starting daycares. We are have tons in my city, I am having I hard time finding a full time client. Tons of part time out there for sure.

Agreed Skysue- economy probably plys a part too. Tons of advertising daycares here too. I'm curious as to how many are new start ups and how many are established centres having a hard time filling spots. This time last year I was turning away clients but now.... I expect that it's for a combination of reasons but the end result's the same. I guess that we just have to keep positive- the spaces will fill eventually but even those part timers are looking good right now!

Shy
    Slow over by Hamilton too

Euphoric !
    Slow here too. Had very few inquiries all summer for my Sept spot. I got proactive and called one mother I have on my wait list for Jan for her 3 and 1 yr old and asked if she wanted some half or full days for the 3 y o to give him some "big kid time." I have the flexibility though as I only fill 4 of my 5 spots so I was just going to use my "5" spot for this as extra income, another playmate for my 3 year olds and also get the parent interested enough that if I have 2 spots in Jan, I am the first person she calls as they will be familiar with me.

Agreed as well! Slow in Halton too! I'm looking at all options right now! even looking into another part time job if I can't get my places filled...

Shy
    Thanks for the replies. I sure hope we all fill our spots soon!

Slow in Halton as well. Hope September gives us all a jump start. I just had a dcb 18 months leave to go to d/c in his sister's school. This is our new competition ladies as more schools are looking to make daycare dollars. Let your current clients know you are looking to fill your spots and offer a referral incentive. My last successful referral I gave my client a 25 dollar gift card as thanks. It's a write off.

Euphoric !
    Not bad in Newmarket. I've had 3 interviews, all of whom went on my waiting list. There were another 5 or more inquiries who didn't contact me again after I said I'm only interviewing for waiting list spots. Last summer was terrible, but this year seems much busier. Where were all these people when I was desperate???
    Last edited by cfred; 08-31-2013 at 10:08 PM.