Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Awkward Christmas Party

I'm new posting but I've been reading a while and now need some reassurance..

We had our Christmas party today for daycare and I bought the kids Christmas gifts. Nothing big, honestly. They got a Melissa & Doug puzzle I found at Winners for $5.99 and Play Dough ($1). At pickup, one dcd saw the presies in his kid's bag and gave me the weirdest look like I had five heads LOL. He said "That's for (insert name)?" And I just smiled and said yes. He just took the bag straight out to the car while mom dressed said child. Am I weird? Did I cross a line by buying their kid a present? It made me question my decision but the other parents were super appreciative... I dunno... I felt awkward!!
    Every day is a bad hair day

Shy
    Thought I should mention I've only been doing this long enough for this to be my first Christmas with dcks

Expansive...
    Don't worry Chill, he forgot his manners .....He should have thanked you .....he may pretend it is another gift from SANTA and that is why he took it out to the car
    Sounds like great gifts
    Enjoy your weekend
    Van

Euphoric !
    That is a odd response to just take it and leave, did he or mom say "thank you"? How old is their child? Maybe he thought it wasn't age appropriate? Do they celebrate Christmas?

I don't think giving gifts is weird at all. I always give my dck's gifts and the parents so far have always loved it and thought it was thoughtful and they appreciate that I also buy for their siblings if they have any.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as the child enjoys the gift that is all that matters

Shy
    Mom wasn't too bothered by it lol.. She thanked me but he was so strange about it, it made me feel bad for even getting them anything!! Child is 21 month old and loves to play with the chunky puzzles here so I thought it was a good gift?! Lol...

They said just this week that grandma and grandpa are coming to town for Xmas so I'm pretty confident they celebrate it!

He's been awkward about other things too in the past... Maybe he's just awkward in general haha

Euphoric !
    He could be just socially awkward than? lol

He might have thought that it was a daycare toy and that it somehow got in the bag and he wanted to make sure they weren't taking something home they weren't supposed to?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    It sounds like he might have just been embarrassed. Maybe he thought they should have brought something to the party too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

I think your generosity caught him off guard. His esteem for you has probably gone up as your gift giving showed you are a kind and thoughtful person to his child.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    They don't want to reciprocate.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

Shy
    Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better about it as I can't not include a child in the gift giving... If I'm going to give to one I have to give to all! I absolutely don't expect anything back ... One of my doc families has already generously gave me and my son a gift but I really don't think the other two are the type, you know?
    Last edited by chill.winston; 12-13-2013 at 08:50 PM.