Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Anyone experienced this???

I have a dcb, 14 months, who barely fits into his size 6 diapers. In less than an hour the thing is rolled down and is basically a thong...ha ha!!!!

Mom is going to grab some Cruisers and see if they stay on better.

Six is the largest size I have seen so just wondering if anyone else has had a kid outgrow diapers long before they are ready to toilet train?

What are the other options? Obviously I know there are disposable undergarments for all ages/sizes so I guess Mom would have to try those?

Expansive...
    I don't really have much advice but WOW that is a big baby! My two 18 month olds are only in size 3.

is the baby really chubby or is he just all over big? I think the problem with the pullups meant for older kids is that it will probably be too long in the body for a 14 month old, like it coming up to it's armpits! If they don't fit proper then they will leak, and thry aren't meant to hold as much as a regular diaper.

Just a thought but what about putting a pair of underwear (to keep the diaper on) over the diaper?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    Amanda...yes, he's a giant ha ha!! He's really only a bit chunky...he's at least a head taller than anyone else except my almost 4 year old.

Euphoric !
    I used to have a chunky monkey and he was in size 6 diapers(could have been 5 but mom always bought big) at around 16 months. Mom and I used to always joke that he would have to be potty trained well before he was ready just because he wouldn't fit a diaper. He eventually started to thin out (I think he actually just got taller lol) and he did start to potty train early on his own! He left my dc before he was fully potty trained so I'm not sure what happened but I imagine he was trained shortly after that.

The underwear over the diaper is probably a good idea!

Euphoric !
    You end up switching to the goodnights or underjams as they are meant for older kids. Not a perfect solution I know. There are also junior sizes of tena special needs diapers you could choose but more expensive option.

Euphoric !
    I have a dcb and he was in size 6 pampers at 10 months old ....about 6-8 months ago mom was worried that he was going to grow out of them before being trained (he's currently 22.5 months) so mom bought pullups for him and what I found was they don't really keep the wet away from the skin like a diaper ..but that's their purpose ...when you are using pull ups yyou want the kid to feel wet so they know they went right? so when the boy got up from nap his skin was damp and being prone to rashes I suggested we just muscle along as best we can with the size 6 diapers ....he has gone on a growing spurt ...upwards not outwards thankfully....and they are still fitting him....so maybe put a plastic pants on over the diaper and hope as he progresses from walking to running he will slim down a bit ...
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 12-18-2013 at 12:14 PM.