Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    One family nothing, another a box of chocolates, another some homemade cookies and a $25 Gap gift card and a nice card, last family I don't think they will do anything.

Euphoric !
    I had a family terminate card recently to go to a daycare centre. They gave me a $200 spa gift certificate! That was completely unexpected.

Euphoric !
    Torontokids...that was nice of them!! It shows that they did appreciate you but are doing what is best for them! I had a family go to a dc centre at the beginning of summer and they gave a $100 Keg gift card which was very appreciated. The card was nice but it was the sign that they weren't leaving on bad terms that I appreciated even more!
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 12-19-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    lol. thanks cfred. I am tired, sick (on antibiotics), have a sore back, kids are behaving so bad today, lots of coughing and snotty noses, and to top it off it is too cold to go outside. I have worked my butt off this month doing all sorts of Christmas arts and crafts. Sending home parents gifts today as well as kids gifts. Barely take any time off during the year so as to not inconvenience anyone. Just feeling very unappreciated! I know it is just because I am not feeling that great but hard to hear about parent's having spa days and going to cuba in the next few months but all I get is a card and not even a nice note or anything in it.

OK I will quit venting lol. this was supposed to be a nice light thread!

On the flip side - I am glad there are some parents out there who truly appreciate their providers!
    That's ok, we all need to vent, we are all human and we are all here to listen! Guaranteed that we have all been thru the same things! We feel ya! You would think parents would appreciate the person who takes care of their kid all day!

I have a good group of parents and kids and i am so grateful for that. I have had enough challenging moments with challenging parents (like everyone else here) where i was seriously THISCLOSE to quitting all together. I even looked into jobs at one point. I made a few changes and i am much happier now. I just had to start being more strict and selfish

Like i said i have a great group of parents and kids. I care for a DCB who is 18 mos. His mom hugged me and kissed my cheek once, to show her appreciation for doing such a fantastic job with her little boy. (she's italian, i am portuguese, it's what we do LOL.) This is the mom who gave me the $50 giftcard to LCBO.
    Last edited by MonkeyPrincess; 12-19-2013 at 01:15 PM.

So the parent who already gave me the wine and chocolate at the xmas party gave me a spa gift certificate for $100 at pick up. WOW, that's something I definitely need and was totally unexpected. I got a plate of home made cookies and a gift basket from a new dc and the family who left...zip! No card no thank you no nothing. Silver lining...not great people to deal with so no great loss

Last year was good as far as gifts go, but this year has been dry. Not a thing thus far. I know I am a business, and these people aren't my friends, but even a card would be nice to know I am doing a good job..I dunno we've had threads about this before (Parents who don't gift) and though I know its something we shouldn't expect, it still hurts when it doesn't happen.

Euphoric !
    So far I have a Santa hat filled with Lindt chocolates and a $25 gift card from Target from one family and a $25 gift card from Michaels from another family. A third family has given me a big hug and kiss from the dad at drop off yesterday which was child's last day - filled in for a month with a 10 year old special needs child after their nanny quit till they could sort things out. And the mom at pick up said she had something special for me but it wouldn't be ready till next week so some sort of surprise to look forward to. Baby is home sick today so between that and child in wheelchair having a much more relaxed day than the last couple weeks have been so a nice way to end the week. They have already asked for pancakes for lunch so that makes that simple too. Finished their snowmen puppets late last night and wrapped them while waiting for them all to arrive. They are dancing with bells to the Christmas tunes on treehouse music and I am playing on my computer - nice way to spend a few minutes.

Euphoric !
    I have to admit I wasn't expecting much more than a Christmas card from most of the parents this year. All but one just started with me this Summer/Fall. I was pleasantly surprised!! From my single mom in school, an angel ornament...my handful, a homemade snowman made out of jars and in the jars was stuff for hot chocolate and a set of two snowman mugs for my fiance and I...my boy, 3 hand soaps from bath and body and a box of cadbury chocolates. His dad also told me this morning how much they appreciate me and am glad to have found me and that I am awesome (that really touches me when they actually say it in person)....my pt girl (my only one who has been here awhile, 1.5 years) a $50 gift card for The Keg. I feel very appreciated this morning

I have another family whose last day before the holidays was Tuesday. They kept her home sick. She still has not showed up to pick up their gifts for them and her and to also drop off next week's payment. I'm not holding my breath on a gift from them.....as long as she drops off payment I will be happy!!

It's jammie day here so off to watch a movie in bed and then one is being picked up early!!! So far, it's a perfect Friday!!

Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy your time off and have a great time with friends and family!! All the best for the New Year!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I just opened up in September so I am not expecting very much. I had my main family give me a box of Turtles yesterday. So far that it is. I have had 1 family leave for holidays on Tuesday, nothing. But not surprised. I have another family whos last days before the holiday was suppose to be today, but got an email saying that he was sick. Nothing. Another family who just started this week and even though I really like this family, I doubt that I will receive anything. Who else? Oh yes, my last family is Johaviah Witnesses, sweetest family, but they do not celebrate, so nothing there either.

Expansive...
    I am spoiled this year. I have just two families, one bought me nice Sorel boots (I once complimented dcm on hers and she remembered I guess!) and the other a 100$ bonus cheque! Neither one got me a card tho...funny but I kinda like cards with something nice written inside but honestly, I can't complain! I have great families!