Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    except for one family who put their daycare payment in the card (so at first you think it's a gift) with no words of gratitude to the rest of my families who spoiled me rotten. The gifts are so appreciated as they came with words of gratitude in the cards they gave.
    One family's gift just overwhelmed me to the point of tears and speechlessness. They scrapped book an album for me. The theme was what dcg would like me to do on my Christmas holiday. First page was how happy dcg is here with a lovely picture of her, 2nd page was an LCBO gift card so I can enjoy a glass of wine, next page a pedicure/manicure gift card, next page a gift card to a fine dining restaurant and last page a large cash gift to spend however I want just that it must be on myself because in their words I deserve it. The homemade card really touched my heart and the recognition of a job well done is HUGE. I had a good little happy cry over it and even my hubby was teary for this act of kindness. I'm a lucky provider.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    except for one family who put their daycare payment in the card (so at first you think it's a gift) with no words of gratitude to the rest of my families who spoiled me rotten. The gifts are so appreciated as they came with words of gratitude in the cards they gave.
    One family's gift just overwhelmed me to the point of tears and speechlessness. They scrapped book an album for me. The theme was what dcg would like me to do on my Christmas holiday. First page was how happy dcg is here with a lovely picture of her, 2nd page was an LCBO gift card so I can enjoy a glass of wine, next page a pedicure/manicure gift card, next page a gift card to a fine dining restaurant and last page a large cash gift to spend however I want just that it must be on myself because in their words I deserve it. The homemade card really touched my heart and the recognition of a job well done is HUGE. I had a good little happy cry over it and even my hubby was teary for this act of kindness. I'm a lucky provider.
    Wow Mimi that is amazing! I got teary eyed just reading your post. Just wow!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    This is my first year being open and I got spoiled from my dcp!! They all gave me cards with words of thanks, and I also received movie tickets for 2 including drinks and popcorn; a gift certificate for a pedicure; a box of chocolates and a $50 prepaid MC; a basket full of craft materials; AND from my last daycare parent (who is also a good friend of mine), a COACH wallet () with a gift card for Starbucks inside!! I was floored!! She knew I always wanted one but just couldn't justify buying one. Now I can't wait to go shopping just so I can whip that bad boy out of my purse! LOL

Ha Ha FSD I'm sure you earned that "bad boy"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

FSD

Expansive...
    So...my secret gift arrived via Fedex today! A gift card for a weekend at Blue Mountain Resort here in Ontario!!! Woo hoo!! I had been telling this mom that I am teaching my 3 year old to ski this year! Guess she remembered. I am overwhelmed!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    FSD...I am also sure you earned that bad boy ha ha!!!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

FSD

Wow Wonderwiper! That is fantastic. Enjoy!

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    Thanks ladies....I definitely did!! And yeah, Wonderwiper...that's awesome!!

Euphoric !
    At pickup my handful's mom (who had given the hot chocolate and mugs) gave a $25 gift card to a new restaurant here in my city. My mom who still needed to drop off payment finally came and paid $10 more cuz she didn't have a ten. She said she didn't buy me a gift and she felt bad so I could keep the $10 LOL......gee thanks!! The thought(or after thought I guess lol) is still appreciated though. Just glad she finally dropped off payment as I am not around next week.

FSD, that is an awesome gift!!!

Shy
    I was completely shocked and overwhelmed by one of my DCK's mother. Last week she gave me an early Xmas gift of a beautiful handwritten card with a $100 bill inside!!!! Today that same mom showed up with home baked goods, a bottle of wine, crafts for all kids and gifts for both of my children!!!!!! I couldn't believe how generous she was. It definitely made me feel appreciated and as I said before...overwhelmed