Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwiper View Post
    So...my secret gift arrived via Fedex today! A gift card for a weekend at Blue Mountain Resort here in Ontario!!! Woo hoo!! I had been telling this mom that I am teaching my 3 year old to ski this year! Guess she remembered. I am overwhelmed!
    That's amazing!!! What a nice and generous gesture!

Euphoric !
    Well it is Christmas Eve. I so need a break! Looking forward to the next 5 days off!!

This year it is looking like all I am getting is a box of chocolates from one family and a card from another (not even a nice note inside). One mom brought homemade cookies for everyone and although I appreciated the thought they were horrible!! I have 2 families here today that haven't given me anything yet so maybe but I am not holding my breath. I haven't gotten any thank you yet from any families for their present I sent home their kids. Sigh....whatever. I am learning very quickly to not worry as much about inconveniencing my families. Taking more time off in the new year that is for sure.

Euphoric !
    That is horrible that none of the parents even said thank you!!

All of my parents said thank you for their gift from their child as well as the gift I gave their child. They all also thanked me for the care I have given to their child this year either in person on in the xmas card from them.

I don't expect a gift from them but I admit, I do expect a thank you for giving their child a gift. Thankfully, I haven't had any parents like that yet. My older children who understand all said thank you for the gift (without the help from their parents!!) and that was awesome!

Enjoy your time off!! And yes, take more time off!! lol. I take 2-4 weeks total throughout the year. If the parents truly appreciate you, they won't complain!!

Starting to feel at home...
    Alright, so out of 5 families, I got 1 box of chocolates. No cards I love cards with personal messages. However, I am not surprised. 1 family does not celebrate anything (Christmas, birthdays ect), 1 family just started a week ago, 1 family, even though has been on roster for a month, I have only seen twice and 1 family has 'that kid'. I also have only been open since Sept, but a card would be nice. I sent gift bags home with the kids (filed with a bunch a of little things, socks, cookies, books ect) I had all kids say thank you when I gave it to them (all being older kids), but only received 1 email saying thank you from the parents. Again, not surprised.

mickyc and ttremble88 I am going to say "thank you" to you for being the special providers you are and remember we are here for the kids and some of the grown ups need a lesson in gratitude. A card with a thank you is not a difficult gift to give and means the world to us. Merry Christmas to all the ladies on this forum.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Well I was feeling better at the end of the day yesterday. The 2 parents that were left ended up both giving me gift cards. I got $40 from the one mom with a card and a nice note in it. Then the other mom gave me a Tim Horton's gift card although it doesn't have an amount on it. She gave it to me in front of the other mom who only gave me a card lol! I waited until that mom left and then thanked the mom for the gift card and said I really appreciate it. She then said how much she appreciates everything I do! That is all I wanted!! Just some acknowledgment! So all in all, it didn't turn out too bad. There still wasn't any parent who thanked me for their child's gift but oh well. I don't work now until Monday and I only have a few kids so looking forward to that!