Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Not sure what I should do...

So dcf last day before Christmas holidays was Thursday. They normally pay me electronically which I don't mind. However, pay day was yesterday. The day has come and gone and no sign of my paycheck. I've sent them an email but I know they went out of town to visit family. This sucks... I need this paycheck!! My mortgage and car payment are coming out and I'm hosting Christmas and New Years...

I don't even know what to do now. Do I call them? Do I wait till they see the email? It's only ever happened once that they forgot and they promptly paid me the next day and apologized profusely. Lesson learned about e transfers
    Last edited by chill.winston; 12-21-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    Every day is a bad hair day

I think the answer to this is quite simple...yes, call them. It is not fair that they pay you late regardless of the time of year but even more so because it is xmas. If it is just a genuine oversight which happens, then they will be very apologetic and get payment to you quickly. If you get a voice mail, under no circumstances should you down play the situation. If you try to be nice nicey to them then they to will have a lax attitude to the situation. Simply say that payment has not been received and that it is a matter of urgency that requires their immediate attention due to both being able to make your payments on time and also due to the expense of Xmas. Also make it clear that there is a daily late fee and in addition to this any charges incurred as a result of their non payment resulting in your bills not going through will be expected from them.

Ask them to call asap to acknowledge the phone message and once this has been sorted out ask them to be sure to bring you 3 months of posted cheques for future payments so that daycare is always paid for in advance and assurance that you will be able to stick to a budget. Put your foot down!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Well said bright sparks! I completely agree. This is your pay, you earned it and they owe it. Make sure you collect that late fee too. Even though it is the season for goodwill, you don't have to be Mrs. Nicegirl when it comes to what is owed to you. Good luck and let us know how things went.

Expansive...
    Yes, absolutely call them!

Shy
    I called! They felt AWFUL and I got paid within minutes of that phone call all is good again... I just needed to grow a pair lol. Thanks ladies!
    Every day is a bad hair day

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chill.winston For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Glad it got sorted out and yes in the hurry of getting packed to go out of town it is possible a slip up was made.

One of the things I did to combat this issue was move pay day to Monday instead of Friday. Then if it is forgotten there are still several days - with late fees attached from Tuesday night (Tues morning is the grace period) and I know I will have it by Friday ready for the weekend.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: