Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Year End Tax Receipt

Hi all! This will be the first time that I provide receipts to my daycare parents as I opened in September. I was wondering if this layout of wording works and covers all of the information that I need. I do not have a BN and from my past readings, I do not need to provide my SIN on the receipt. In your opinion which layout works best?

To whom it may concern,

This is an official receipt for (parent name), stating that they have paid a total of (dollar amount) during the year of 2013 for daycare for their child(ren) (childrens names).

My Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Signature

OR

To whom it may concern,

I, (My Name), have provided childcare for (parents name) child(ren) (childrens names) during the year of 2013. They have paid a total of (dollar amount) throughout the year of 2013. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at (phone number).

Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Signature

Euphoric !
    I just buy a receipt book from staples and put the date, clients name, daycare for 2013 for (child's name) and the amount, my BIN and my signature. I give them the white copy, then I record the receipt # in my records and the receipts copies (yellow) go to the accountant.
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 12-23-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Euphoric !
    I do the receipt book but give a receipt with each payment. I also give a printed statement in February that I print the page from my computer and then fill in the monthly amounts with a total at the bottom of the page. What you are suggesting covers the information you need to give the parents. What I would probably do is also include a space at the bottom of your page for parent signature acknowledging that they have received the statement and are in agreement with it. Have them sign one copy for you and one copy for them. Then your set of copies is also proof of what you earned since your parents are confirming the amounts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I also use a receipt book. I fill out receipts every 12 weeks instead of doing it all at once. Then at the end of the year I give the parent their part of the receipt. On the receipts I just have the parent's name, date, dates of care the receipt is for, my signature.

Euphoric !
    I bought a receipt book from the dollar store. I have a payment sheet that has the date of each payment, the total of payment, cash/cheque and both the parents and I sign it. Than I give out year end with the final total, date, who paid, my signature and the dates that care was given.

Starting to feel at home...
    You do .need to supply your SIN for their tax return, it is how it is connected to you in the CRA records. I use a receipt book showing the amount paid for the year, the child's and parents names the date and dates for care and then sign it and add my printed name and SIN. I only do it once a year because in the past I had people come back for duplicate receipts cause they lost theirs. I hate re-do's

Euphoric !
    You do not need to supply your SIN number unless the family is audited. I have only had 2 families ask for it because they got audited and it was needed. I wouldn't give it out unless I was asked for it.