Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Wee Watch = Charity???

With the hotly debated topic of bill 143 these days and the Liberals attempt to bully us into working with agencies such as this, I was interested to talk to my new neighbour. She's just moved into the townhouse 4 doors down from me. I struck up conversation at Tim Horton's with her brother in law a few minutes ago and met her even more briefly, so most of this is first is not first hand. I told him to inform her that she really doesn't need an agency to fill up. I indicated that I'd heard mixed reviews from people, but mostly unfavourable. He was uncomfortable with the fact that they told her she didn't have to claim any of the income because they're designated as a charity. Is this correct??? I have to say, if that isn't sleazy business, I don't know what it! I spoke to her only briefly. So far she has only 1 child in care. She seemed unaware that Wee Watch would take more than 1/4 of her pay per child, per day. How is this possible after going through the process of getting on board with them.

Has anyone heard of this charity status before? It seems odd to me, also, that she was unaware of the cut they take.....very odd. I suggested she do some homework, put up a good website and do it herself once she's comfortable. I may regret it, but I said she could come over and chat about it sometime.

As much as I am not a fan of Wee Watch, it does seem really strange that she has this idea that she doesn't have to claim income and is unaware of the agency's cut. She seems very naïve to me. Perhaps she would benefit from your guidance, but I agree, she needs to do some homework herself..........don 't do it for her.