Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Scam has hit edmonton

Hi I am a new day home provider just starting out so you can imagine that I was so excited to get my first child. Little did I know I would be in for a big let down. The scam is now under the name of Lax Moory and his associate is Mariya Anderson. He is claiming to have 2 boys and even sent me a very adorable picture. When I received the cheque it was for 1980.00$ so naturally I was confused because that was not how much the deposit was. When I asked him about it he said " oh there was a mistake and to just deposit what I needed and send him the remainder so I was worried. So I talked to my sister in law and we checked out scams and found out about it, so I'm going to be contacting the police and the news and go from there. Just be careful of people out there who want to take advantage of the people who do one of the hardest and most precious job.

I had my turn with this dummy! I have been in contact with him for about 3 weeks.

his "payment cheque" came yesterday and does it ever look real! It says its from CIBC and its in double the amount of what my rate is
    If anyone need a copy of this cheque PLEASE contact me

I am in Ottawa Ont

It is now hanging on my wall to remind myself to ALWAYS be cautious

Shy
    I had the same thing. Canadian family working in mexico looking to come back and need daycare for their 3 year old boy. We went through all the questions and they even sent me a picture. But when they sent the deposit it was $1980.00 my deposit is only $100. So I sent them an email saying I no longer had a spot for them and that I would be destroying the check. I haven't heard from them since.

Shy
    exactly the same as me. I'm in Ottawa as well.

I too received a money order from the same person I am sure, and sent him a message that the Bank of Montreal has posted on there web site. I too received a pic of the "family" and I am sure it is not his family.

Outgoing

Foreign registration

Today, I got an inquiry from a man who says he and his wife have lived and worked in Mexico for the past 5 years but they are Canadian citizens and are returning to Canada in a few weeks to set up new business, along with their 3 yr old son. They wish to enrol their child in my daycare a.s.a.p. so they don't have to look for care when they get back to Canada. I'm wondering if I should be concerned about the child possibly not being of Canadian citizenship as they have been there for 5 years and son is 3 yrs. old. Also, it sounds like they may wish to register him before I meet him...does anyone register a child before they meet them? Finally, would I need to worry about different immunizations? I've never had this request before. Thanks.

Outgoing
    This sounds like a scam that people have posted about before. I got a similar one with the same story, the couple was returning from another country and wanted to find care for their 2 sons. It was sent out to about a dozen providers on here at the same time it seems, because I went to post basically the same questions as you and realized that others had had the same enquiry. Maybe check the "scam" thread for their name? One thing I noticed about the email I got was that although the man told me his name and the children's names, he never actually said where I lived, he just said they are moving to "my area" and want to find daycare asap "in my area" I guess so they could send the same email to a bunch of different providers.

I'd be wary of going any further...

Euphoric !
    Scam. Never register anyone or cash anything before meeting the family in person.

Euphoric !
    Agree - always meet a family before you commit to anything!

Euphoric !
    This is a scam. Don't communicate with them anny further. They will want to pay a deposit and they will send you too much and then you will deposit the cheque and send them the difference. By the time you realize their cheque has bounced, they have disappeared with the money you sent. Many versions of this same email have been going around. Never accept a registration without meeting with the family, at least over Skype if not in person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast