Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

ive been emailing him for a month back and forth

Quote Originally Posted by horizonchildcareltd View Post
    We had the same situation at our center. A Jim
    Niber wanted to register his 3 year old son at our center for when he returned with his family after working in Mexico for 5 years. He sent us a picture of his "family" and asked questions about our center. He sent us a CIBC money order for $2790.00 and said that his "associate" overpaid us. He wanted us to send money orders back to Mexico for his "properties shipment". I contacted the bank and they said the money order is a fraud and to take it to the police.
    I have been emailing with him for the past month back and fourth i should have checked here first. I just received a bank draft from him too so I guess i should take it to the police then. I'm in Langley same instructions same amount on bank draft. When I received it and it was to much I felt suspicious so decided to Google him wish I had sooner.

Shy
    I just got an e-mail today from Jimy Beebs - anyone else get it? Seems like a scam to me.

Greetings,

My name is Mr Beebs. We are relocating to your area and we need a daycare to register our little boy as soon as possible ahead of our arrival in your area. His name is James and he's almost 3 years old

I will like to know if you have open space to register our son because we want to register our son with you now before our arrival, so we can focus on setting up our business without any waste of time on searching for daycare once we get over there.

We will like to always drop our child at your daycare Monday to Friday every morning by 10 AM to 3 PM or 4 PM. Also i will like to know how much money do you charges per day?

Please get back to me on time if you have open for our son and let me know your daily fees as well, so we can continue on their registration process with you.

I will be waiting for your quick response.

Thanks

Euphoric !
    Yep, got it this morning. Told them to bugger off until they could come up with something more creative.

Euphoric !
    Same scam just changed the name

Outgoing
    got this one too! this morning

oh my goodness. I received this too. I kept replying with the fact that I would need to meet your family before proceeding. Scary isn't it??

Outgoing
    Where did this Mexican family get your name from?

I have had 3 emails ( back and forth) from a couple from Canada who have been living in Mexico for 6 years. They are looking for a daycare for their son. they have offered to register and sign a contract and send the registration fee up front. I have informed them that I will have to meet them first and any forms, contracts and payment can be made then. I will let you know in a few days if I get a reply.

That Mr. Beebs was the exact email for me too. Now I know for sure, the name was my first alarm bell!

I also got this email and have conversed back and forth with him for a few emails. Set up cost, start date, how they heard about me and whatnot. No personal info (address, phone number) has been passed on and I keep insisting on a meeting before the child starts. One: how do you know its a scam and two: what do they hope to accomplish with it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast