Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Outgoing
    My hubby thought I should try replying to the same email that I received from this person. I find that he is much too trusting and generally believes whatever people tell him as long as it's reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by jennyrae57 View Post
    A few weeks ago I heard from an inquiring parent needing care immediately for his two sons. He confirmed that my day home was the one he would like for his sons to attend as soon as they returned to Calgary from Mexico. He sent a money order for far more than my deposit. He's now requesting that I deposit it and putting all kinds of pressure on me to issue him a new money order and send it to his address in Mexico; not allowing the time for it to clear in my account and even going so far as suggesting I deposit it in an ATM and withdraw the remainder to issue a new one. Alarm bells went off and I requested the teller at my bank to hold it for as long as it takes to fully clear and letting her know how sketchy I think it is. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add this to the scam as it may help others....

I received an email from "Ben Mikel" using email: benmikel@icloud.com
    He is apparently in Mexico... I was unsure so I played along and his emails smelt fishy to me as my mum had been scammed similarly 6 yrs ago for $5,000 and the bank almost pressed charges because it was a high amount. Anyway, here is his emails:
    On Aug 13, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Ben Mikel <benmikel@icloud.com > wrote:

Greetings,

My name is Mr Mikel and my wife name is Angel Mikel. I just got your contact while searching for a home daycare in your area. We are relocating to your area and we need a daycare to register our little boy. His name is Jepta and he's 3 years old

I will like to know if you have open space for our son now or in September because we want to register our son with you now before our arrival, so we can focus on settling down once we arrive without any waste of time on searching for daycare when we get over there.

We will like to always drop our child at your daycare Monday to Thursday every morning by 10 AM to 3 PM or 4 PM. Also i will like to know how much money do you charges per day?

Please get back to me on time if you have open for our son and let me know your daily fees as well, so we can continue on their registration process with you.

I will be waiting for your quick response.
    Thanks

Next one:
    On Aug 18, 2014, at 2:30 PM, Ben Mikel <benmikel@icloud.com > wrote:

Hi,

I am very happy to receive your detailed response to my questions. We are happy and comfortable to put our child in your daycare.

Our son is toilet trained. Our son don't have allergies or dietary restrictions and don't need any special care. He's just a normal loving kid, very active with good behavior and no temperament. Our son walk smartly on his own without stroller. His already potty trained. Our son can start by 10th of September, but if 10th of September is not available, you can give us any other start date according to your opens.

I will like to know if their will be a registration fee or any additional charges before starting? I have attached our family picture with this message, so you can know what we all look like, the picture include all of us including our second child Dave, his just 3 months old.

Jepta date of birth is: August 23rd 2011. Don’t forget we are registering only Jepta with you.

Please get back to me on my question on if their will be any additional charges for registration as soon as you can.

Thanks

Last one:
    Hello,

Alright, everything is perfectly understood. We are okay with any start date you choose. I will not arrive in Canada until 29th of September because i have to stay back in Mexico to put everything in order before leaving Mexico. My wife and the children will arrive in Canada on the 9th of September and meet you the next day or any day you like, so she can fill and sign all papers/forms or contract needed to be signed with you in person.

I need your name and address or PO box address, to mail 1 month deposit of money order to you as soon as possible by express mail to secure our place with you.

Waiting for your response soon.

Thanks so much.

Here is the picture being sent out: <Family.jpg> I hope you all can see it.

After I refused the money he did not email me back. PLEASE do NOT fall trap to money orders from strangers without letting them fully clear at the bank etc.. and tell your bank teller your wary about the money order so they know what to expect.

Here is further reported scams: http://globalnews.ca/news/1187433/on...are-operators/

Thanks and hoping to hep others

Mexican Family Scam

I recently got an email from BrownMikel@icloud.co m. Luckily my husband knew it was a scam right from the get go as no one in their right mind would be comfortable enough to leave their child with someone they never met. However I did entertain the fact that he could scam me lol

I received this email :

Greetings,

My name is Mr Mikel and my wife name is Angel Mikel. I just got your contact while searching for a home daycare in your area. We are relocating to your area and we need a daycare to register our little boy. His name is Jepta and he's 3 years old

I will like to know if you have open space for our son now or in September because we want to register our son with you now before our arrival, so we can focus on settling down once we arrive without any waste of time on searching for daycare when we get over there.

We will like to always drop our child at your daycare Monday to Thursday every morning by 10 AM to 3 PM or 4 PM. Also i will like to know how much money do you charges per day?

Please get back to me on time if you have open for our son and let me know your daily fees as well, so we can continue on their registration process with you.

Thanks

And after a few emails asking his questions he stated that he was more than comfortable leaving his child with me. I also received a money order in the mail for $2750.00 that was clearly fake.

I wanted to make all the other daycare providers aware of this but then found this thread which shows that you are

I wanted to take to the Police but was told that there is not much they can do about this as it would be hard for them to track the IP address, so the next best thing was to warn you ladies

Quote Originally Posted by GWallace View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add this to the scam as it may help others....

I received an email from "Ben Mikel" using email: benmikel@icloud.com
    He is apparently in Mexico... I was unsure so I played along and his emails smelt fishy to me as my mum had been scammed similarly 6 yrs ago for $5,000 and the bank almost pressed charges because it was a high amount. Anyway, here is his emails:
    On Aug 13, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Ben Mikel <benmikel@icloud.com > wrote:

Greetings,

Thanks

Next one:
    On Aug 18, 2014, at 2:30 PM, Ben Mikel <benmikel@icloud.com > wrote:

Hi,

I am very happy to receive your detailed response to my questions. We are happy and comfortable to put our child in your daycare.

Our son is toilet trained. Our son don't have allergies or dietary restrictions and don't need any special care. He's just a normal loving kid, very active with good behavior and no temperament. Our son walk smartly on his own without stroller. His already potty trained. Our son can start by 10th of September, but if 10th of September is not available, you can give us any other start date according to your opens.

I will like to know if their will be a registration fee or any additional charges before starting? I have attached our family picture with this message, so you can know what we all look like, the picture include all of us including our second child Dave, his just 3 months old.

Jepta date of birth is: August 23rd 2011. Don’t forget we are registering only Jepta with you.

Please get back to me on my question on if their will be any additional charges for registration as soon as you can.

Thanks

Last one:
    Hello,

Alright, everything is perfectly understood. We are okay with any start date you choose. I will not arrive in Canada until 29th of September because i have to stay back in Mexico to put everything in order before leaving Mexico. My wife and the children will arrive in Canada on the 9th of September and meet you the next day or any day you like, so she can fill and sign all papers/forms or contract needed to be signed with you in person.

I need your name and address or PO box address, to mail 1 month deposit of money order to you as soon as possible by express mail to secure our place with you.

Waiting for your response soon.

Thanks so much.

Here is the picture being sent out: <Family.jpg> I hope you all can see it.

After I refused the money he did not email me back. PLEASE do NOT fall trap to money orders from strangers without letting them fully clear at the bank etc.. and tell your bank teller your wary about the money order so they know what to expect.

Here is further reported scams: http://globalnews.ca/news/1187433/on...are-operators/

Thanks and hoping to hep others
    Hi everyone!
    I have just recently gotten an email from this same guy "Ben Mikel" same email account at icloud at the beginning of the month for his son to start September 10 then all of a sudden he couldn't get tickets so the trip was postponed it to be September 19 and then i get this chq in the mail for $2750.00 and him saying my associate made a mistake and sent me the money meant for his furniture.

His emails start off with very bad English and as soon as you tell him i have the chq his English improves

I played along from the beginning and as soon as he doesn't get his way he gets really testy to send him the money ASAP so his family can "travel".
    this is his last email to me

Hi,
    As I have said, the rest of the money to send our furniture from Mexico to Canada.
    It is important to ship our furniture before my family travel to Canada because our new home in Canada is currently empty, there is no reason for my family to live in an empty house when they arrive in Canada.
    That is why the furniture must be shipped as soon as possible before my family travel to Canada
    I want you to please understand our situation. Yes deduct you monthly fee and transfer the balance through western Union as soon as possible.
    thank you.

this is the family picture he sent me
    hopefully you can see it

!cid_b274f701-e67a-4426-b866-aa7afc860a22@icloud.jpg

I have the info of his western union and supposedly Mexican address so hopefully the police department can track this too.

HOPE THIS HELPS MORE DAYCARE OPERATORS.
    Last edited by Mellybean21; 09-24-2014 at 11:51 PM. Reason: moved my message underneath the Quote

Starting to feel at home...
    This happened to me too -- well, they e-mailed me, but I refused to hold the spot until we had a face-to-face interview.

Got another email address to watch out for:
    davidandvanessa01@gm ail.com
    Same scam, different email!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gloucestermom For This Useful Post:

I got one from david and Vanessa too

Hello all I just wanted to give a heads up its happening again this time they seen my daycare AD on kijiji :unsure and it sent red lights off again!!!!
    I'm interested in your service for my 3 years old Child. Please let me know your daily and weekly charges, so i can get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks
    You can respond to "aril2000@icloud.com " by replying to this email.

This person Aril2000 also took a few days to reply back as even though I knew it was a fraud I wanted to see if they would respond back to me seeing they tried to hook me before!!! They responded back yesterday and here is reply....Aril Dawkins <aril2000@icloud.com >
    Sep 30 (1 day ago)

to me
    Hi,

I apologize for my late response, its because my internet connection was down. I would have loved to call you but we are presently on vacation and will not be convenient for me, that's why i chose to email you.

Your charges is very affordable for me. I will be happy if you can tell me a little about your self and more about your general service.

I will get back to you with all the necessary information you need to know about my son as soon as i hear from you.

Thanks.

VERY MUCH WISH THEY CAN BE STOPPED FROM TRYING SCAM DAY CARES AND INNOCENT GOOD HARD WORKING TRUSTING PEOPLE

HOPE THIS INFO IS HELPFUL AGAIN AND GOOD LUCK ALL.....

Take care with peace and hugs from Toronto Ontario Claire

Hoo boy. Some people have no sense of human decency.

I received the exact same emails as Clairebear, but it was from bah31@icoud.com. Again they were responding to my kijiji ad. The first email seemed odd, but I replied with a few questions. The second email did not answer my questions, so I deleted them.

I am in Alberta, so everyone watch out.
    Last edited by monkeys; 10-03-2014 at 01:13 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeys For This Useful Post: