Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Shy

"Mexican family" scam

A few weeks ago I heard from an inquiring parent needing care immediately for his two sons. He confirmed that my day home was the one he would like for his sons to attend as soon as they returned to Calgary from Mexico. He sent a money order for far more than my deposit. He's now requesting that I deposit it and putting all kinds of pressure on me to issue him a new money order and send it to his address in Mexico; not allowing the time for it to clear in my account and even going so far as suggesting I deposit it in an ATM and withdraw the remainder to issue a new one. Alarm bells went off and I requested the teller at my bank to hold it for as long as it takes to fully clear and letting her know how sketchy I think it is. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennyrae57 For This Useful Post: