Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Smile Feeling pretty appreciated by Daycare Mom

So I am currently due with baby two in the middle if march.
    I recently had a little 3.5 yr old girl start with me middle of December.

She's quite nice very talkative and more adult oriented, she likes to hang out with me, and she can be quite helpful at times. She also plays great with my 2.5 yr boy and likes to take care if him

Feel like I lucked out with them..

Anyways, we were telling mom about our day today, I usually try and take the both if them out in the morning as my guy is a ball full of energy..

Anyways, mom asks if she can give me 40 bucks a month to help out with gas. Or to have an allowance for her kid for mc Donald's ( when we go) she said, I don't want you to have to use your fees to pay for that..

Anyways, I was so surprised I didn't know what to say, lol.. At first I brushed her up then as she was leaving she mentioned it again, so I thanked her and said I would think about it and let her know..

Feeling pretty good, not sure what I shoukd do, but it's nice that she's nice to think of that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMomma For This Useful Post:

Isn't it nice when someone is so thoughtful? Kind of catches you off guard doesn't it LOL. This mom seems to really appreciate the care and attention you are giving her daughter and wants to provide this kind gesture to you as she recognizes her payments to you are your income for your family. I would accept with a big thank you and perhaps a note to tell her you appreciate her thoughtfulness (I am big on thank you notes). Nice to read a happy dilemma

I am wondering though....should you declare this as income and provide her with a receipt at the end of the year?

Euphoric !
    Aww that is very nice of her! It's entirely up to you to decide if you want to accept it. If you do, I would give her a receipt for it.

I personally don't ask money for taking them on field trips. I pay for lunches out, movies, playtime fees etc out of pocket. I feel that I charge enough to cover these costs. I have had a few parents offer but I always decline. If I did it daily or even weekly I may reconsider. Right now, I only go on a field trip that costs money maybe once every 2 months I miss my smaller group and summer!!!