Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    Lou, did you tell the parents why you closed for a week?

Euphoric !
    Oh gravy train I am so sorry for you. I know how difficult it can be to where you are right now. I have had 3 miscarriages in the past. I luckily was not doing daycare at the time (although one was on my birthday and another was on valentine's day). I was devastated. All I can say is if you need the time off just phone your families and tell them you have the flu. End of story, they don't need to know anything else. Take as much time off as you need.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I've never had a miscarriage but can feel your pain through your post. When I was going through testing for a serious disease, I was under considerable stress and ended up getting sick because I was so stressed out. I had to call parents and they were very understanding, even a parent that desperately needs daycare. Our clients have to realize that we're only human and we have to occasionally take time for ourselves. Just remember that if you don't take care of yourself, there will be no dch.

Expansive...
    Gravy, yes. I felt they deserved an explanation as to why I was closing so short notice for a whole week. They were so understanding and of course I didn't lose a client through that or when I became pregnant again, or after my baby was born.

Gravy train I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. I had a miscarriage myself years ago and it was sudden onset and fast evacuation. I understand your devastation and worry. Please know all of us are thinking of you and hoping for a positive outcome. Hugs to you sweetie.

Shy
    I am so sorry you are going through this. I am sending you a big hug. You are a very strong person to still be working. Take care.

Expansive...
    I am so sorry

Outgoing
    Thank you again for the words of support and encouragement. I was at the ER until midnight and they confirmed what I already knew - my hcg levels have decreased and the pregnancy is terminating. The dr told me to expect cramping and pain akin to a very heavy period. Because my pregnancy was so new there is not much for my body to expel, just the lining of the uterus - same as with a period. I decided to stay open today and made plans to spend some quality time doing special (low-key) activities with my kids this weekend. I swear my own children are instinctively in tune with me - last night I got home after midnight and my oldest son was awake and waiting for me (he is usually asleep by 8). He said he couldn't sleep because he was worried about me. He thought I was meeting a friend for dinner and had no cause for concern as we decided to wait and tell out kids about the new baby after we passed the 12 week mark.
    I feel okay emotionally - better now that I know 100% what is going on. It's like someone on here said though, my husband and I already saw the future with our new baby and were so excited to welcome him or her into our family and that loss is going to take a little while to process. In the meantime I am going to hold my children a little tighter for a little but longer and try to appreciate the wonder of humankind. I will never forget what it felt like to toast my husband at midnight on New Year's Eve - pregnant, happy and so full of hope and love.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gravy_train For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I am so sorry for your loss gravytrain!! It sounds like you are in a better place now that you know what is going on though. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and enjoy time with your family!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks, 5 Little Monkeys.