Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    My husband is an accountant luckily so he does mine. Usually it's a bookkeeper who would add all your receipts etc. and then a tax accountant will do the actual taxes. A private accountant might accept your box of random receipts and do it for you.....but they charge by the hour! Someone at H and R probably won't be checking your numbers as they are working for a fixed fee so only file the taxes, not do the bookkeeping.

You really should try to find a tax accountant if you want the best results. My DH is not a tax accountant and says the rules change all the time. Only a tax accountant would keep up with the changes.

Expansive...
    Ha ha CFRED...I do the same thing! The receipts end up shoved in a giant ziplock bag in my kitchen drawer. Not divided or anything!

Euphoric !
    lol Cfred...hey whatever works for ya!!

Euphoric !
    I am bad with receipts too. what I do to make it easier is I shove all my receipts in the cupboard. when I get a stack I go through them all and write it in a book. So for example I put
    Jan 7, 2014 (date) - Walmart (place) - 5km (km driven) - $100 (total spent) - Toys (description). then I file it away in my folder under the appropriate place. Then at the end of the year (because I am a procrastinator and don't do it until tax time) I enter all the info into a spreadsheet that I created. I then can make the computer do all the totalling and I can organize everything according to description so all my grocery totals are together (house and daycare are together and I claim 50%), all daycare toys are together etc. It then gives me a total of km's driven during the year so my accountant can figure out how much mileage to claim. I then have a full printout of all expenses and don't have to go looking at receipts anymore. I print my spreadsheet and that is what I give my accountant.

Euphoric !
    I always figure I have 4 months after the end of the year to get everything organized - rarely file my taxes before mid April but there is no penalty for being near the deadline.

Euphoric !
    I am terrible at doing the km's. I have a log book in my car for this but I more often than not forget to write in it on each individual trip! I should maybe do a different system this year and see if that works out better.

I like to file early so I know how much I owe as I like to pay it before the interest starts to add to it! lol

Outgoing
    This is my first year doing daycare taxes and I'm just wondering how much exactly do you end up having to pay and if anyone is willing to share specific details like their income vs. how much you pay in taxes (either on here or via private message) I would really appreciate it!