Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Seriously, parerents???

This is a thread about those times that you want to shake your head and say "Seriously, Parents???" What makes you shake your head lately?

I will start. Seriously parents? It's -25 with the wind chill and you forgot your kid's snow pants for the second time this week. It was -40 the last time. I know we don't play outside on those days but you know i have to go to the school bus 2x a day Thanks goodness i arranged a ride for my son so i don't have to go outside at all on those days.

Also, same parents don't have any long sleeved shirts in their kid's bag. Only tshirts. uh- hello! ITS FREEZING OUTSIDE!

Hi Lilly;

Read my most recent thread, I know how you feel :S

Euphoric !
    ha ha. only thing is my daughter and I live in short sleeved shirts all year so I am guilty of that one

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Today a mom asked if her child didn't have to nap. Instead could she watch tv or use her ipad (yup thats right, she is 4 and has her OWN ipad! so does her 6 yr old brother...apparently sharing is not an option? :P ) I said no, 30 minutes is not that long and after the 30 mins she gets to watch tv if she wants. That is 1.5 hours in some cases and I think that is plenty of tv time. After texting back and forth this morning (mom had to leave to take other child to school so we couldn't talk much in person) we are on the same page now!! This mom makes me shake my head almost daily. She was getting so good before the break but the 2 week holiday obviously was too much for her!! LOL worse than a child I tell ya!

LOL I also live in tshirts year round. I am actually wearing capris and a 3/4 length shirt today. We have had -50 weather this week and haven't been outside at all so I haven't needed to wear pants haha. Most of the parents will send a sweater though as the basement tends to be a bit cool in the mornings until I turn the little heater on to take the chill off.
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 01-08-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    ha ha. only thing is my daughter and I live in short sleeved shirts all year so I am guilty of that one
    Us too, I rarely wear long sleeved. Its a common occurrence for parents to comment when I answer the door lol

I remind all my parents each evening face to face and get acknowledgement that it is cold and a requirement to bring suitable clothing. Its not my job to do so but I'd rather put energy into that than being pissed off when they don't bring appropriate clothing. It may save you hassle if you just pick some long sleeved tops up from value village or something to keep at your place to save you getting stressed out or the alternative is to have a no BS confrontation with the parents. Enough of the nicey nice asking them to bring stuff. How about calling them out blunty by saying why on earth did you not send your child with appropriate clothing for the weather? The longer we dance around the problems, the longer and worse it is for us. Take control ladies, take control!

Outgoing
    i can understand wearing short sleeves in the house, it's a nice temperature inside. It's too cold out for just short sleeves under a coat. They are covered head to toe but still, it's -25 today. I don't know, maybe i am weird but i like my own kids to wear long sleeves when we go out. My own kids put on a sweater over their tshirts.

Euphoric !
    lol. guilty of that too. never wear a sweater under a jacket either. I make sure I buy my daughter a good quality jacket so I am not worried that her jacket is not warm enough. She never complains lol. I don't put a sweater on under my coat either.

We all are different. I am a big one on hats - all kids must have hats on their head every day they are here no matter the weather. There aren't too many who do the same as me! lol

Anyways lol, back to your topic. What makes me shake my head lately - hmmmm..... my part-time family. I wasn't supposed to have the kids this week as mom was on holidays. She then ended up decided to bring them 2 days (usually here 3) this week anyways. This is one thing that I don't understand, likely never will! Why take holidays if you aren't going to spend it with your family.

Outgoing
    agreed- on the hat-wearing and the vacation thing!

A dcparent asked me this week if I have my 2014 holiday schedule ready. I always give it out by the end of February so there is plenty of notice. I understand some company's ask their employees to submit very early vacation schedules but...............th at's not my problem. My dcparents know I vacation in July and then at Christmas time. So it is the second week of January, I am just getting over Christmas, so stop making your problem my problem and remember....back up daycare is your problem, not mine.

Euphoric !
    I think the difference is that it is fine for us to work in a tshirt if we want to but we have the option to go get other clothes if we get too hot or too cold. When a parent doesn't provide all of the options for a child we are left saying sorry freeze, sorry just push the sleeves up if you are too hot or here you can run around in just your diaper and tshirt as your fleece pants are too warm, etc. We are the ones having to deal with a child that is uncomfortable and that often leads to negative behaviour.