Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Anyone have experience with using Turbo Tax to file taxes?

Hello,
    In the past I have always used Turbo Tax to file my and my husband's taxes. It's pretty easy to use for simple tax filings.
    Does anyone know if it is simple to use for daycare filings or is it a nightmare... any experiences or suggestions?
    Thanks!

Euphoric !
    The only difference for doing daycare taxes over personal taxes is that there is one page that basically needs to be filled in and since it is just totals it is all about having your receipts already added up and then you just put the totals on the lines ex. how much you spent to advertise your daycare goes down on the advertising line, how much you spent on paper, pens, binders,etc. goes down under office supplies. You get a total at the bottom of the page and that determines the number you put on page one of the normal income tax package. From there you fill out your taxes just the same as everybody else does. There is nothing different as you go through than for a normal worker. As long as the package you purchase or use online includes that business form you shouldn't have any problems.

I still do mine manually in the paper version because I have two home based businesses and we have two special needs children we need to make claims for and a lot of packages get confused when you try to use a form twice so until I know those bugs are worked out of the system I will continue to do it the old fashion way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: