Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Nap time woes with older kids

So we have a pretty good thing going here at nap time. Had a new girl start last week and she is 3 and a non napper. I told mom that she would have to lay on her cot just like everyone else and be quiet. She is doing this and doing remarkably I have to say but it is throwing off my nap/break time for sure. My other dcb (almost 4) was never a napper for his parents but napped for me. He would get bored and just sleep. Well now he has another kid his age with him downstairs and so he has stopped napping as well. He still lays quietly/reads etc. I just feel like I can't relax the same like I used to. I am constantly checking the video baby monitor to make sure they are still on their cots, not talking etc. I am hoping the novelty of the new girl will wear thin and they will both start napping again (this is only wk 2). I don't have anywhere else to put either of them as all the kids nap together.

Euphoric !
    Naptime used to be very easy around here as well. I had all young children who napped 2-2.5 hours. Than I got a 3.5 year old who napped some days but not all days. Than mom asked if she could not nap and I said yes. She came upstairs with me and watched tv, read books etc. Than I switched my policy and stated that all children must lay down quietly for 30 mins. This allows me time to come upstairs, eat my lunch, talk to my SO etc. After 30 mins if she isn't napping, she is allowed to come upstairs. If she does fall asleep, I call her after 60 mins.

For me, it's not too big of an issue as I usually go on the computer during naptime so she just sits in the living room with me and does her own thing. Sometimes I leave my SO with the sleeping children and she and I will run out to do some errands or something fun.

Euphoric !
    Who's SO? Don't know the acronym, sorry!

Euphoric !
    Oh sorry lol...significant other, my fiance