Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

I'm still sick, they're all sick...a rant

I got the flu twice over christmas holidays and the 2nd time led into my first week back. I closed 2 days but have been open the rest. I am so miserable (coughing, exhausted, crabby). The kids are all in varying stages of a cold and miserable except one kid. I have found these last two weeks the longest 2 wks of my life. Not sure how much longer I can hang on...I am going to bed early, drinking lot's of fluids, taking it easy (my house is a disaster) but it is taking me forever to get better. To make matters worse I have been transitioning 2 new kids this week...and noone is napping well...argh rant done.

Outgoing
    oh man, sorry to hear. that really sucks. i say take the time off that your body needs to get better!!! rest and relax! Everyone is miserable! call it a day

Euphoric !
    Make tomorrow (or any day!) a PJ/movie day and relax!! I put a blanket on the floor and some pillows and let the kids have their blankies and stuffies and we all lay down and watch a movie. I sometimes set up a crayon colouring stage or story books for the ones who are too little to pay attention to a movie for too long. I set this up in my view though!!

Make an easy lunch and take it easy during their naptime (if you can!). Stay inside and do some fun indoor activities (mine love turning the lights off, pulling out the tents and using glow sticks. It's nice for me because this entertains them all which allows me to sit on the couch and just watch them).

Pop some vitamin c and drink lots of tea with honey. Hopefully you and the kids start to feel better soon!! Working while ill is never fun

Shy
    Vitamin C!!! I don't know if you already take vitamin c but if you don't, go get some and start taking LOTS of it! Our doctor told my husband that if you start feeling like you are getting sick take a couple more than the recommended amount (we have the chewable kind and it says 4/per - I do 6/day when I start feeling it or anybody in the house is getting it) BUT only for three days TOPS otherwise you can get kidney stones (or something along those lines). We are also in Toronto and were staying at an aunt's house during the power outage from the ice storm. The night before we were leaving to come home my husband starting to feel I'll. the next day he couldn't move without throwing up. I packed all our stuff up and brought our boys home and he stayed at his aunt's for one more night. A couple days later both my boys had fevers and got sick. My 31/2 yo was actually on a couch an entire day sleeping and watching tv (never before has he done that) and my 1 yo was much the same and it took them a few days to get over it. By Thursday night I could feel it on my throat and I ha been taking extra vit c that week. Friday I was out of it all day with a slight fever but still managed to take care of the kids (husband was in bed for 4 full days) and Saturday I slept until 2 pm got up and felt almost 100%.

Go to a health food store and ask for "Black Elderberry Extract" get it in a syrup form and take it for 3-5 days and it should clear it up.