Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

How Long Do You Wait?

How long do you all generally wait for a response to an ad for a daycare spot until you assume that they are no longer interested?

I had a lady inquire for her 2 year old her. I messaged her back right away. Some time went by and I sent another message basically asking if she was still interested. Almost 2 weeks went by and I got a response saying yes she was and the emails were going to her husbands account.

We sent a couple of messages back and forth yesterday morning, but again she is missing. Should I just assume that she is not interested? I guess that I am used to parents wanting to claim the spot asap.

Euphoric !
    Let the parent be the one who gets in touch with you. If she is serious enough about booking the spot she will get her butt in gear. If you can fill it with someone else then go ahead. She will soon learn if she snoozes she will loose.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I agree with Mickyc!

Expansive...
    Exactly! I always let parents make first contact to express interest. I guess it depends on personal circumstances but I would never chase anyone.

Outgoing
    Typically what happens with me is that I will get an inquiry and I will respond. If I don't hear back from them I leave it. If I get a response back (usually to ask me more questions) and I have responded again and haven't heard back after that I will send a follow up email say a week later (max) just saying "I am holding interviews next week when would you like to come by". If I hear nothing back they lose!

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks everyone! I thought that sounded about right. Thus far, everyone has been very promote with their responses and getting an interview set up, or at least staying in touch until they do. I figure, she is just not that serious about the spot, otherwise, she would step it up!

Euphoric !
    Sometimes it's because they are interviewing a few different daycare's themselves, which is understandable. If I'm interviewing more than one family for a spot, I let them all know this and I find they are honest with me as well and let me know that they still have 2 more hdc's(for example) to look at before they want to make their decision too.

If I'm interviewing more than one family, I don't sign on the first family that says they want to come here. I like to finish my meetings with the families and than I get to pick from those who want the spot versus "first come, first serve". However, if I have only one family interested than obviously I have no choice, as bills need to be paid