Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    I give raisins and craisins to my kids, the youngest has been 15 months or so? The first time you give it to them(or anything new), be at the table and ready for any choking just in case! One of the moms told me her daughter loves the yogurt covered ones but I haven't given those ones yet.

One of their favourite snacks is fruit or veggie pizza. There are recipes online for it but I usually just serve it on tortilla wraps. You could make it yourself so it's not processed.

They also like tortilla wraps with pb or cream cheese. Sometimes I add a banana to it, roll it up and cut into slices. We call it "kid friendly sushi". I also freeze the yogurt tubes for the younger ones. Smoothies are a favourite too.

I make pancakes with allsorts of different fillings like apple cinnamon, chocolate chips, blueberries etc and then once they have cooled layer them between parchment paper, put them in a freezer bag and freeze them. Pop them in the toaster straight from the freezer and hey presto there is a super quick filling and nutritious snack

I also make pinwheels with w.w or raw tortillas 5 little monkeys....sweet and savoury...quick snack and always a big hit

Euphoric !
    You actually inspired me to make pancakes this week bright sparks lol. I made apple cinnamon ones

What are pinwheels?

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    You actually inspired me to make pancakes this week bright sparks lol. I made apple cinnamon ones

What are pinwheels?
    Basically a tortilla wrap that you fill, roll, then cut..... = delicious
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/492649933233809/

I have never made them for the kids...I am worried they would just fall apart. I don't even have luck with any kind of wraps with the kids.... All the toppings seem to fall out

Euphoric !
    Thanks spixie!! I actually googled it too haha. That is like the wraps I do with pb and banana or cream cheese and banana. They do okay with them, a few take them apart but they also take apart sandwiches lol. If I'm making sandwiches with wraps I just cut them into triangle pieces and they eat them that way.

Euphoric !
    My new fav fruit for the kids is dragon fruit ..... It's like kiwi but white inside ... Very mild tasting ..... I put them in smoothies too ..... I do yoghurt , apple sauce, yoghurt covered raisins and cranraisins, mini bagels, English muffins with pb or cream cheese or hummus .... My crew is very "bread " motivated .... Everyday no matter what we are eating two of them say can we have bread when we are done ? Yikes
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 01-17-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Outgoing
    Muffins, homemade granola, trail mix, veggies and dip are favorites around here!

Outgoing
    awesome! thank you for the suggestions! do you think serving something like applesauce on its own is enough for a snack?

Shy
    We have cinnamon crackers with fruit salsa a lot. Also as an activity the kids will make banana sushi by flattening a slice of whole wheat bread, spread with peanut butter, add half a banana.Roll and slice like a sushi roll. Add a cup of milk and you have a healthy 4 food group snack that entertained the kids for at least 15 minutes.