Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Insurance Companies

I am currently undergoing the search for insurance. I have used the advice from the CCPRN here in Ottawa and contacted both Birks insurance and the Co-operators who both have coverage for a home based daycare.

So I am aware of who some companies are, but wanted to hear who else might be available to use.

Just another dilemma is that we have aluminum wiring in our home so not all insurance companies will cover our home. We do have a electrical certificate stating that our home is "safe" which was required by our current insurance provider. Unfortunately they do not cover daycare.

So is anyone else in this situation? Who did you use?

Starting to feel at home...
    I had to look for a new insurance company last fall. I contacted an insurance broker in my home town (Durham region) and they found Bay of Quinte Mutual. I never thought about a company so far from where I live but we're quite happy with them. I'm insured for 5 kids at $46/year/child.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy123 For This Useful Post:

I am with Wawanesa and can be insured for up to 5 daycare kids. Not sure exactly what I pay per child/year but its somewhere between $35/40 I believe.

The Dominion insurance

Hello ! I'm with The Dominion insurance. I also have the same wiring in my home and have the certificate. They charge me $30/child/year. Hope this helps!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Polkaroo For This Useful Post: