Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Winter Walking

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    One other thing you could try is calling the City and asking them to plow the pathway. Last year I called them to ask them to plow our street because I couldn't get my stroller through to get my son to the bus...they came the next morning and plowed. I am not sure if the will do this for the pathway, but it is worth a try...especially if you stress how many people use it.
    Oh, I did!!! When I first realized that they were not going to plow, I sent them a message stressing how much young children depend on this pathway to get to school as well as how many younger siblings need to walk with their parents to get the children to school.

The response? There is not enough funds and they do not have the proper equipment. And that the city does not maintain pathways though the winter season I was under the impression that they would use the same plow that they plow our sidewalks with...I suppose not. I am hoping because this is a new development area that next year, they will realize the importance of this pathway.

Euphoric !
    Do you have a vehicle to use ? For the next couple of months that seems like the most logical solution.

Expansive...
    can you salt the pathway yourself???

Or maybe you and hubby shovel just a bi of it?

I know its a pain in the butt but it may help your situation. its a a lot less effort than what you are ding now.

oh and call and explain your situation to the city. see if they will help you

Euphoric !
    If the pathway is not maintained does it still factor into the walking distance to school or is there any chance the group you have would qualify for bussing during the winter because the path is unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    Do you have a vehicle to use ? For the next couple of months that seems like the most logical solution.
    Vehicle is a no go. We are currently a one vehicle family and hubby uses it for commuting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    can you salt the pathway yourself???

Or maybe you and hubby shovel just a bi of it?

I know its a pain in the butt but it may help your situation. its a a lot less effort than what you are ding now.

oh and call and explain your situation to the city. see if they will help you
    The pathway is much to long for myself or my husband to shovel it. It is just over 2 lengths of the soccer field. And salt is not the problem. It is the fact that they do not plow it.

City will not help. I have already contacted them

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    If the pathway is not maintained does it still factor into the walking distance to school or is there any chance the group you have would qualify for bussing during the winter because the path is unusable.
    Oh yes! That is my problem. Because the pathway is not shovel, I need to take a route that is about 2.5x longer. When I took the pathway in the fall, there was no worries about making it back for the bus. I was there with time to spare.

As for bussing. Currently, there is a waiting list until September 2014 to get on the bus.